- Industry leading teacher training and development with a continual commitment to researching and improving our technique.
- Access to Bar Method coaching, master classes, workshops and trainings for all studio owners and their teachers.
- A franchise support team to guide you through site selection, lease negotiations, site layout and interior design.
- A marketing support team to assist you with creating customized marketing plans, social media framework and organization and public relations outreach.
- Access to a multitude of content-rich documents, videos, and manuals to fully prepare you to open and run your studio successfully.
- An annual studio owner convention with over 90% studio owner attendance.
What is the initial start-up cost?
The investment required is anywhere from $287,500 at the lowest to as much as $528,500 (or even more in some ultra high-cost areas).
The initial costs include:
Franchise Fee: $50,000
Fitting Up the Studio: $150,000 to $250,000*
Other Start-Up Costs: $57,500 to $138,500**
Working Capital: $30,000 to $90,000
Total: $287,500 to $528,500
*The costs of fitting up the studio vary enormously and depend on the size and condition of the premises as well as local building costs and requirements.
** Other start-up costs include attorneys’ fees, additional training and coaching costs and travel.
What is your royalty rate?
6% of gross sales
What do you look for in applicants?
- Passion for the Bar Method and commitment to upholding our very high standards of teaching. We require all applicants to have been practicing the Bar Method at least 3 times per week for 1 month by classes at a studio, DVD or Bar Online.
- The potential to become a great leader – of your students, of your teachers, and within your community.
- Some experience in any of the following: dance, athletics, sports, sales, marketing, finance, small business operations.
- A connection to or familiarity with the community in which you’d like to open a studio. We require studio owners to reside in the area where their studio is located.
- Access to the necessary capital to build your studio.