Exact policies at your studio may vary. Please check with the studio prior to attending class to familiarize yourself with how they are addressing cleaning protocols. You can find a complete list of locations here: barmethod.com/locations
Frequently Asked Question
Do I need proof of vaccination for barre classes at The Bar Method?
Vaccination requirements vary dependent on your Bar Method location in accordance with local mandates and guidelines. Please contact your studio for more information on COVID-19 protocol.
Updated November 17, 2020
As states and local governments lift restrictions so our studios can reopen, we are enhancing our cleaning protocol, adding social distancing measures, and implementing operational processes with a single goal in mind – keeping our clients, staff, and community safe. Here is what we have done and are doing.*
Enhanced Cleaning & Sanitation Protocols We will continue to uphold our high standards of cleanliness and take these additional steps as recommended by the CDC because your safety is our #1 priority:
- Studio deep cleaned top to bottom before reopening
- High touch surfaces thoroughly wiped and disinfected, multiple times a day
- Studio room, barre and equipment cleaned and sanitized thoroughly between each class
- Feature display-only samples for retail and all high-touch amenities removed
- Staff required to wear gloves when performing any cleaning duties and wash hands regularly
- Staff required to follow hand hygiene throughout the day
- Hand sanitizers or wipes are available throughout studios for clients to use
- Masks are available for clients upon request
Social Distancing We will implement the following to adhere to social distancing guidelines:
- Contactless check-in – all paper sign-in sheets removed
- Floor markers throughout studio to indicate safe social distance
- Limited class sizes to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- We will also mark out dedicated area for each station so everyone will have ample space throughout class to practice social distancing.
- No hands-on adjustments – our teachers give great verbal adjustments instead!
- Limited use of weights and props in class. Any equipment used will be thoroughly cleaned after class. Please check with your studio on weight, prop, mat and towel use.
Client Guidelines To help keep our community healthy, we ask that you:
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently for 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based sanitizer
- Refrain from person-to-person contact including handshakes and hugs
- Stay home if you have a fever, cough, or any other symptoms of COVID-19. Please do not come into the studio until your symptom and fever free for three days.
- Ask about updating your credit card in our system to facilitate no contact payments
*Each studio will be adhering to local and state mandates. Please reach out to your local studio with any questions or concerns.
Updated April 28, 2020
A message from our founders: Our COVID-19 response
The safety and health of our customers, franchise owners and employees of The Bar Method – are of utmost importance as we adhere to COVID-19 policies and mandates from federal, state and local authorities.
- The franchise owners representing The Bar Method in communities and physical locations worldwide are independent, small-business operators. We have advised these franchise owners to continue to follow the guidance of local health officials and government mandates, and to use good judgment when making decisions that affect their customers and communities. They are closest to the latest local guidance and mandates; they are monitoring the course of events daily and making the appropriate changes to their local operations, including the closure of our storefronts. We do not have a timeline currently to reopen any of our closed locations. We will update this message with details as soon as they are available.
- The Bar Method locations are offering members a variety of localized live stream offerings. Please contact your location for more information.
- Again, the public and club members may access virtual online fitness, health and wellness content via The Bar Method. Details can be found on their respective websites.
Above all, what matters right now – today – is your health and safety. Please do your part to help minimize the spread of this virus to others. Stay home, away from groups or crowds. Wash your hands frequently. Get fresh air and sunshine, safely, whenever you can. Move your body whenever possible. And please contact your health care provider immediately if you begin to develop any flu-like symptoms. Our mission is to improve the self-esteem of the world, and our business thrives when our franchise owners thrive. Those words matter to us more than ever in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Please, stay healthy and safe, and we will look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Updated March 24, 2020
In response to the Covid-19 outbreak, many of our studios are closed. Please contact your local studio directly with questions around operating, booked sessions, and options for virtual sessions.
Updated March 16, 2020
The health and wellness of our clients and our communities is our number one priority. Many local and state government agencies are providing guidelines around the size of public gatherings and are requiring temporary closures of fitness centers. Our franchised owners are following these guidelines as quickly as possible in the interest of public health. Studio’s local web pages are being updated as quickly as possible with temporary closure information. Please check with your local studio for information about changes in their hours of operation. The Bar Method is offering Club Bar members 30 days free access to online classes through our streaming platform, Bar Online. Members should check with their local studios for details. We will update this website with information as it becomes available.
The CDC recommends following the precautionary measures and guidelines below to help keep you healthy and prevent the spread of the virus:
• Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Use an alcohol-based sanitizer
• Keep away from others that are sick
• Clean and disinfect household objects and surfaces in your home
• Avoid travel to destinations where the outbreak is prevalent.
We will update this website with information as it becomes available.