Gaithersburg, MD 20878
Don't miss out!
Get your first month of membership for only $99! Limited time offer!
About the STUDIO
The Bar Method North Potomac is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
We are located in the heart of the Kentlands and feature two workout studios, a locker room, and a spacious lounge area with retail apparel. We are open 7 days a week with classes throughout the day. Ample free parking is available.
Connect with The Bar Method North Potomac
Be the first to hear about promos, events, studio updates, and other news!
- We recommend making a reservation online to guarantee a spot in class. Reservations may be made two weeks in advance. You may also call the studio to make a reservation but we do not accept reservations left on our voicemail or sent via email.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please add your name to the waitlist. When other clients cancel, you will be notified via email if you are put into the class. If you have opted-out of our email list, you will not receive these emails. You are responsible for your reservation if you are put into the class from the waitlist. If you do not cancel your class and do not attend, our standard cancellation policy will apply.
- You could be added to the class up to 60 minutes prior to class. If you no longer want to be put in the class, please cancel your waitlist spot so that someone else can take the spot. We have clients that can get to the studio with very short notice. If this is not the case for you, please carefully manage your waitlisted reservations.
- Note: If you are already enrolled in a class, our reservation system will NOT add you to another class. If you were on multiple waitlists for one day, you may be deleted from the other waitlists since the system will not put you into two classes on one day.
- To view your waitlisted reservations, check your waitlist status, or cancel a waitlisted spot – go to your Bar Method account and click on MY INFO and then MY SCHEDULE. If you have any waitlisted reservations, there will be a link to the WAITLIST in the top right hand corner of your schedule. If the link is not there, you are not on any waitlists.
- Classes that appear in MY SCHEDULE are reserved classes. This will include classes where you got in off of the waitlist. If the class says “Waitlist-Unconfirmed”, you are IN the class. You may also call the studio to check your status.
- If you use a class package, you must cancel prior to one hour before the start of class or you will lose one class.
- You may cancel online or by calling the studio.
- We do not accept email cancellations.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees, a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot (toeless socks and ballet shoes are not permitted).
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Only water in capped bottles is permitted in the exercise studios.
- Colored liquids are not permitted in the studios.
- Cell phones are not permitted in the exercise studios. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings.
- Gum, candy, and food is not permitted in the exercise studios.
- We provide hand towels and bath towels without charge. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- If you are pregnant and a current student, please provide a doctor’s note permitting you to take class.
- If you are pregnant and have NEVER taken a Bar Method class at our studio, you must take a level one class prior to taking a mixed class and you must provide a doctor’s note stating that it is safe for you to exercise.
- Clients must be at least 13 years old to attend class.
- Clients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult to their first class and the adult must sign our client waiver.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise.
- We will be happy to work with you and offer you any necessary modifications.
- We do not provide child care. Children under the age of 18 cannot be left in the lobby while a client takes class.
- We have plenty of free parking right outside of the studio!
- Club Bar members are allowed to freeze their membership at no charge once per calendar year. Freezes may last between 10-30 days. Additional 10-30 day freezes may be purchased for $25 by contacting the studio.
- VIP or Club Bar Unlimited members are allowed to freeze their membership at no charge twice per calendar year. Freezes may last between 10-30 days. Additional 10-30 day freezes may be purchased for $25 by contacting the studio.
- Class packages expire 1 year from purchase date.
- All classes are non-transferrable and valid only at the DC, Bethesda & North Potomac studios.
- Unused class packages and unworn retail items with tags attached are returnable up to seven days following purchase.
- Club Bar and VIP members receive six complimentary guest passes per calendar year that can be used for first time clients only. To use a guest pass, please email [email protected] Members must attend class with their guest.
- Guest passes do not roll over year to year.