Don't miss out!
New Client Special! Try us out for 30 days of unlimited classes for $99.
*For new clients only or clients who have not been in studio for 12 months
About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Austin - Downtown is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
We have been keeping Austin fit since 2011. With over 40 classes a week, we continue to set the standard for effective exercise – all taught by classically-trained and engaging instructors. Easy (and free!!) parking, full locker room and showers, and quick access for anyone coming from Downtown, Central Austin, or Westlake.
Services & Amenities
- Beauty Bar
- Free Parking
- Waiting Area
Sign Up Today
Lindsey first discovered The Bar Method as a client, and quickly found that The Bar Method never actually gets easier - you just get better, and that the life benefits go way beyond leaner legs and a sculpted seat. Her love for the workout and immediate connection to The Bar Method community, inspired her to become an instructor in 2015. Watching the shift in clients' confidence, strength, and bodies, motivates Lindsey daily, as an instructor and owner. Lindsey is originally from Cleveland, Ohio, a graduate of the University of Wisconsin, and lived and worked in New York, San Francisco and Chicago before moving to Austin and becoming a full-time mom to her sweet girls, Dylan and Brooklyn.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call/email the studio to avoid being charged for a no-show. All no-show classes will be charged $5.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation results in a loss of that class.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (men please wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts if not wearing below the knee pants), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels and bath towels towels are available in the shower area. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- It is strongly encouraged that all pregnant clients take at least one pre-natal class before taking a standard class. We also recommend that pregnant clients avoid Level 2 and Bar Move classes.
- Pregnant students can opt to take the first half of the class (which focuses on the arms and legs) for half price.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
There is free, dedicated parking in the parking garage at 5th Street Commons. Enter the studio from the parking garage.
Class package sessions must be used within 6 months of purchase.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- We require 30 days written notice to cancel a Club Bar membership, no exceptions.
- Club Bar memberships on suspension will resume monthly charges when suspension is lifted.
- Retail items may be returned within 24 hours of purchase, unworn, with tags still on.