Baltimore - Locust Point
Baltimore, MD 21230
Don't miss out!
New to our studio? Take advantage of our New Client Special -- 30 Days Unlimited for $99!
About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Baltimore - Locust Point is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The Bar Method Baltimore is studio #118 of the original safest, most effective barre-based workout founded in 2001. Our spa-inspired, high-end space features two light filled workout studios, a full size locker room, two showers stocked with Aveda products, fresh complimentary towels, a coffee + tea bar, childcare, and ample free parking.
Services & Amenities
- Beauty Bar
- Free Parking
Sign Up Today
About the Owner
Ally discovered The Bar Method while living in Dallas. She spent much of her life in sports from rowing crew at SMU to running marathons, being healthy and active was second nature. The Bar Method became even more important to her when she was diagnosed with a heart condition. She loves how The Bar Method challenges her both physically and mentally. She moved to Baltimore in 2015 and is excited to introduce Charm City to The Bar Method. When she's not at the studio, you can find her spending time with her daughter, enjoying happy hour with her husband, or playing with her pups.
Connect with The Bar Method Baltimore - Locust Point
Be the first to hear about promos, events, studio updates, and other news!
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and may sell out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or through The Bar Method app to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations can be made up to 14 days in advance.
- Classes can fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please add your name to the waitlist. When other clients cancel, you will be notified via email if you are put into the class. If you have opted out of our email notifications, you will not receive these notifications. If you are on the waitlist, assume that you will be added to the class. If you get into the class and do not cancel your reservation or attend the class, our standard cancellation policy applies.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored up to 10 minutes after the class begins. If you do not arrive by that point, your spot may be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- Please cancel yourself off of the waitlist if you do not think you will have adequate time to respond to being added to class in order to allow those behind you on the waitlist to get into class.
- If you put yourself on more than one waitlist for the same day, this may result in multiple charges. Note: If you are already enrolled in a class, our system will NOT add you to another class. If you were on multiple waitlists for one day, you will be deleted from the other waitlists since the system will not allow you to be added to two classes in a single day.
- There are several ways for you to see if you have moved from a waitlist into class; check to see if you are in class by logging into your class schedule. If you are in class it will read “from waitlist – unconfirmed.” This means you ARE in the class and responsible for attending or cancelling your reservation. We will confirm your reservation when you show up for class. You will also receive an email notification to let you know if and when you have been moved off of a waitlist and into class.
- You must cancel your class reservation at least ONE (1) hour prior to the start of class to avoid a fee. Early morning classes (before 8am) require cancellation at least EIGHT (8) hours prior.
- You will be charged $10 if you cancel with less time before the start of class than outlined above. No-shows incur a fee of $15.
- If you are added to class from a waitlist and are unable to attend, you must cancel in accordance with our standard cancellation policy to avoid penalty.
- You may cancel online, through The Bar Method app, or by calling the studio.
- We do not accept email cancellations.
- First-time students should arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of class.
- Students may enter class up to 10 minutes after class has started.
- If you are late and someone is waiting to get into class, your spot may be given away.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts underneath above-the-knee shorts), a top that covers your midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home or purchase Bar Method grip socks at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the studio rooms. Capped water bottles are allowed. Clear water only.
- Please leave cell phones and other devices outside of the studio rooms. Lockers are provided and we kindly ask that you keep your phones and tablets with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the studio rooms.
- We provide towels free of charge. Please leave any that you use in one of our hampers on your way out.
- Please refrain from talking during class so that everyone can hear the instructor.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of your fellow students and the instructor.
- Please do not attend class if you are under the weather. Consider it a rest day!
- If you are pregnant, please provide a note from your doctor clearing you for strengthening and stretching exercises. First-time pregnant students must have a doctor’s note to be permitted to take class.
- Please plan to come to the studio a few minutes early to go over the modifications for your stage of pregnancy prior to taking your first class.
- Clients must be a minimum of 13 years old to participate in class.
- Clients under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign their waiver.
- Please disclose all injuries and medical conditions on your new client intake form, and inform all teachers in advance of class if there is anything that may require special attention or a modification.
- If you have a cold or anything else contagious, we ask that you do not attend class.
Bring your kids with you to the studio! Check the class schedule for days and times that childcare services are available. Below are a few friendly reminders:
- Founders and Club Bar Members receive special pricing! Enroll in Club Bar to automatically receive your childcare discount.
- Kids’ Club is for children aged 6 weeks to 10 years old. If your child is 11 years or older, they are welcome to sit in our lobby during class with prior approval from our staff.
- All childcare reservations can be made on our website or by contacting the studio.
- Capacity. The capacity of Kids Club is five (5) children. We reserve the right to cap the number of children based on age and level of care required.
- Drop Off/Pick Up. Children may arrive up to 10 minutes prior to class and must be picked up no later than 5 minutes after class ends.
- Sick Children. Please keep your sick children at home. If your child is sick, we ask that you wait 3 days before bringing them back to Kids Club.
- Upset Children. We will make every effort to keep your baby/child comfortable. If your child cries continuously for more than 10 minutes, we may call you out of class to console them or take them out of Kids Club.
- Personal Items. We encourage you to bring any special comfort items (stuffed animals, blankets, or pacifiers) that your child may need during their stay. Please do not bring toys or any electronics.
- Diaper Changes. Leave your child with a fresh diaper prior to dropping them off. If your child needs a diaper change during their time with us, you will be called out of class to perform the change.
- Potty Training/Bathroom Use. Please note on the signature page if your child is potty trained. Help us by taking them to use the bathroom prior to the start of class.
- Attire. Children must be fully dressed and wear socks in the studio.
- Food + Drink. Food is not allowed in the childcare area. Please be sure that your child is properly fed before they come to Kids Room. Water is allowed in a closed-top cup and formula/milk is allowed in a bottle. No other drinks are permitted in the studio.
- Please be respectful when leaving and re-entering class.
- You may be called out of class at any time and for any reason pertaining to your child. You will not be reimbursed for any portion of class missed.
Clients may park free of charge in the Anthem House garage attached to the building (entrance on Fort Avenue). Upon arrival, start a parking session either using the Premium Parking app or the pay station on the premises — not to worry, your first 90 minutes are free!
Club Bar members are given 2 complimentary freezes per active 12 months. Lite members receive 1 complimentary freeze per active 12 months. Freezes have no minimum and may last a maximum of 1 month. You may purchase additional freezes or extend your existing freeze for $50 per month. To freeze your account, please send an email to the studio at least 24 hours prior to the start of your freeze.
- All packages are non-transferable and are only valid at The Bar Method Baltimore.
- Class packages expire six (6) months from the purchase date.
- All sales of Bar Method classes may be refunded within seven (7) days of purchase.
- Retail items may be returned within seven (7) days of purchase if they are unworn with tags still attached.
- All retail sale items are final sale.