Boston - Back Bay
Boston, MA 02116
About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Boston - Back Bay is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
At The Bar Method Boston, we believe fitness can be fun and inspiring! Our studio is equipped with full locker rooms, showers, fresh towels, locking lockers, hair dryers, hot irons, and a variety of bath products. The only thing you need to bring to class is your socks! And, of course, yourself!
Services & Amenities
- Traveling Program
- Waiting Area
Which package works best for you?
Our most popular membership allows you to feel and look your best with unlimited monthly classes. Enjoy the most perks, the most classes and build your barre community! Be prepared for transformation of your mind, body & spirit.
Club Bar Unlimited
Unlimited classes per month
$165 per month.
First month only $99*
- Most popular
- Best value, most perks
* Renews monthly. First month discount for new students only.
We understand you have a busy schedule. Whether it's work, kids, travel, or cross-training, our Club Bar 5 gives you consistent access to classes so you can ALWAYS get your barre fix!
Club Bar 5
5 classes per month
$89 per month*
- Consistent access
- Balance your schedule with variety
* Renews monthly
Whenever your schedule permits, come and delight your body, mind, and spirit with one of our invigorating classes! This package is perfect for those who require utmost flexibility. Or, for those who simply prefer to pay as they go!
$220 per pack*
- Use at your leisure
- Pay as you go
* Good for 12 months
Stephanie's love of the Bar Method began right here at the Bar Method Boston! Stephanie learned of the Bar Method through her friends who were instructors at the studios. They encouraged her to take class and she was immediately hooked. When the Boston Downtown studio opened in 2015 right near her job, it seemed like the perfect time to become an instructor. She was an instructor for three years at both Boston locations before purchasing the studios from their previous owners. Her love of the Bar Method community and technique is what inspired her to become an owner and take on this exciting challenge. She's frequently at both locations, so stop in and say hello!
Connect with The Bar Method Boston - Back Bay
Be the first to hear about promos, events, studio updates, and other news!
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 21 days in advance.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification and your reservation is considered confirmed unless you cancel online. You are subject to the standard cancellation policy. If you do not want to be added to class after a certain time, it is your responsibility to remove yourself from the waitlist using your online account as we make our best attempt to add anyone on a waitlist to class.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
If you cannot attend class, you must cancel 90 minutes prior to the start of class to avoid a late charge. If you do not cancel, class packages will lose a class per late cancellation or no-show. If you use a monthly unlimited package you will be charged $20. If you are added to class from the waitlist and are not able to attend, you must cancel in accordance with the standard cancellation policy to avoid penalty.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed with clear liquids only.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
- Mothers who bring children under age 9 must ensure they are in the childcare room during class. Children are not allowed to play or climb on the stall bars and other exercise equipment.
- You can make reservations for childcare either by phone, in person, or online up to 7 days in advance. When reserving by phone, please indicate your name, the time of the class you plan to attend, along with the name and age of your child.
- Childcare costs $12 per child for a drop-in or $100 for a 10 pack and is available during class times on Monday through Friday from 9:30 AM-10:30 AM.
Club Bar members may freeze their membership an unlimited number of days per year at a cost of $15 per 10 days. All freezes must be for a minimum of 10 days, must have a return date and are paid for upfront. Each 10 days must be consecutive and no credit will be given for unused days. For example: $15 for 10 day freeze, $30 for 11 day freeze, $30 for 20 day freeze. Please note: Freezing your account requires a minimum 10 days written/email notice. Account freeze request forms are available at the front desk.
Class package sessions must be used within 12 months of purchase.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- Retail items may be returned within 24 hours of purchase, unworn, with tags still on.