About the studio
The Bar Method Chicago - Lakeview is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
We are located in the heart of Lakeview across from the Vic Theater and the Belmont el stop. The Brown, Red and Purple lines all stop at Belmont. We validate parking for the public parking garage at the south end of our building; there is also plentiful metered street parking around the studio.
Services & Amenities
- Beauty Bar
- Discounted Parking
- Waiting Area
Which package works best for you?
Club Bar Unlimited
- Look and feel your best with unlimited monthly classes
- Enjoy the most perks and build your barre community
- First month only $99*
Club Bar 6
- Consistent access so you can always get your barre fix
- Balance your schedule with variety
- Transform your mind, body and spirit
- Perfect for those who need the utmost flexibility
- Attend classes as your schedule permits
- Pay as you go pricing
About the owner
Catherine James loves to teach and leads all teacher training and development for The Bar Method Chicago. She has her B.S. from Vanderbilt University and her M.S.W. from Tulane University. Catherine has always been an athlete and avid exerciser. She often says that it was only The Bar Method that could break her of her habit of running 8 miles a day. Catherine is thrilled to have helped bring The Bar Method to Chicago in 2008 and is thankful for the thriving Bar Method Chicago community.
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class.
- Classes fill up, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. If you move into the class off the waitlist, you are in the class and all late cancel/no show policies apply. If you can no longer attend the class, remove yourself from the waitlist or cancel more than 24 hours in advance. If you are already registered for a class, you will not move off the waitlist into another class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, at least 24 hours before the class to avoid being charged for a no-show. We cannot take cancelations on phone or email. They must be done online.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, you will be charged $30.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
- All sales are final.