Chicago - Wicker Park
Chicago, IL 60622
Don't miss out!
We're Celebrating 10 Years in Chicago in 2018! Thank you to our wonderful Bar Method community for all your support!
New Clients get 30 Days of Unlimited Classes for $99!
About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Chicago - Wicker Park is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
We are located in the heart of Wicker Park at Ashland-Division-Milwaukee. We have free parking in the lot behind the studio, shared with Lowe's, as well as metered street parking on Milwaukee.
Services & Amenities
- Beauty Bar
- Free Parking
Sign Up Today
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class.
- Classes fill up, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. If you move into the class off the waitlist, you are in the class and all late cancel/no show policies apply. If you can no longer attend the class, remove yourself from the waitlist or cancel more than 60 minutes in advance. If you are already registered for a class, you will not move off the waitlist into another class.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio at least 60 minutes before the class to avoid being charged for a no-show.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, you will be charged $20.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 5 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
- Mothers who bring children under age 6 must ensure they are in the childcare room during class. Children are not allowed to play or climb on the stall bars and other exercise equipment.
- You can make reservations for childcare either by phone, or in person.
- Childcare costs $6 per child and is available during class times 8:45, 9:45 & 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- Retail items may be returned within 24 hours of purchase, unworn, with tags still on.