About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Clovis is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
In May 2016, The Bar Method Clovis opened as the second Central Valley Bar Method studio! The Clovis studio is known for its cool, chic, industrial environment with beautiful natural wood grain and gray quartz counters. And have you seen those succulents? Clients are often seen relaxing, visiting, and drinking orange-infused water in the lounge after recovering from their challenging workout.
Services & Amenities
- Beauty Bar
- Free Parking
- Traveling Program
- Waiting Area
Sign Up Today
Jennifer Hoekstra had a career change at age 50 after being a practicing labor and delivery nurse for over 20 years. Jennifer worked out at the gym, did some personal training and likes to admit she was "addicted" to the FIRM videos after her pregnancies. She found The Bar Method workout in 2010 after some online research. She wanted to find a workout she could sustain, yet was challenging enough that she could do it with her 20 year old daughters. Once hooked she knew she couldn’t live without the workout and this drove her to open her first studio in her hometown of Fresno.
Connect with The Bar Method Clovis
Be the first to hear about promos, events, studio updates, and other news!
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. Please reply to the notification immediately whether you can attend or not. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until you confirm.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please call the studio before class or sign up for text message notifications to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio to avoid being charged for a no-show. All classes prior to 0700 am request cancellation 12 hours in advance. Classes after 0700 require a 1 hour cancellation hour.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $15.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that mostly covers the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels are available inside the locker rooms. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- It is strongly encouraged that all pregnant clients take at least one pre-natal class online before taking a standard class. We also recommend that pregnant clients avoid Level 2 and Bar Move classes.
- Pregnant students can opt to take the first half of the class (which focuses on the arms and legs) for half price.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
- Mothers who bring children under age 9 must ensure they are in the childcare room during class. Children are not allowed to play or climb on the stall bars and other exercise equipment.
- You can make reservations for childcare either by phone, or in person, up to 7 days in advance. When reserving by phone, please indicate your name, the time of the class you plan to attend, along with the name and age of your child.
- Childcare availability varies from class to class. Please see the schedule for current times. All prices and packages are available to purchase online or in studio.
Club Bar members are allowed to freeze their memberships for $10 initial charge and then $1.00 per everyday thereafter up to 3 months to ensure your discounted club bar membership upon return. There are only two 6 week freezes allowed per year unless medically indicated.
Class package sessions must be used within 6 months of purchase.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- Retail items may be returned within 24 hours of purchase, unworn, with tags still on.