Englewood, NJ 07631
About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Englewood is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
Conveniently located at the Englewood and Tenafly border, our studio features two workout rooms, keyed lockers, and a gracious lounge and retail area. We are open 7 days a week with classes offered throughout the day. Free street parking and a private lot surround the building.
Services & Amenities
- Beauty Bar
- Free Parking
Sign Up Today
About the Owner
Shirley Morris used to drive two hours round-trip from NYC just to get her fix at The Bar Method Summit studio. She happily ditched a hectic lifestyle selling Manhattan real estate to open the Englewood studio in 2010 and Closter in 2017. Shirley and her husband have three daughters. As a result, she has “eyes in the back of her head,” which she uses in class to keep students from falling out of form. What she loves best about the method is seeing bodies transform and lives change with this unique, safe, and effective exercise discipline. Her clients are her daily motivation and inspiration.
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and are often sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 7 days in advance and close out 1 hour prior to class start time.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. Please reply to the notification immediately whether you can attend or not. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until you confirm.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please call the studio before class or sign up for text message notifications to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio at least 2 hours before class to avoid being charged for a no-show. Early morning classes (6:00, 6:30, and 7:00 AM) require cancellation 12 hours in advance to avoid a penalty. All classes that begin after 7 AM require cancellation 2 hours in advance.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $10.
- Remember: failing to cancel at least 2 hours before class begins will count as a no-show.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings. You may ask the front desk manager to keep your phone for you during class if you are expecting a very important phone call.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels are available outside of Studio A, and bath towels are available in the shower area. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- First-time students who are pregnant must take at least 5 pre-natal exercise classes before joining the regular class.
- It is strongly encouraged that all pregnant clients take at least one pre-natal class before taking a standard class. We also recommend that pregnant clients avoid Level 2 and Bar Move classes.
- Pregnant students can opt to take the first half of the class (which focuses on the arms and legs) for half price.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- Just a cold? Please stay home, rest, and avoid spreading the virus to others.
- Mothers who bring children under age 9 must ensure they are in the childcare room during class. Children are not allowed to play or climb on the stall bars and other exercise equipment.
- You can make reservations for childcare either by phone, or in person, up to 7 days in advance. When reserving by phone, please indicate your name, the time of the class you plan to attend, along with the name and age of your child.
- Childcare costs $14 per child and is available during class times on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 – 1:30, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30 – 11:30 and Saturdays 8:15 – 10:45.
- We love your furry friends, but a waiver is required.
- Dogs may be kept in our back patio while you take class. We have both sunshine and shade with a bowl for water!
- If your dog does not stay quiet, you may be asked to leave. We reserve the right to refuse pet care to any pet.
We do not have dedicated parking for the studio. There are a few meters located on Fillmore right outside the studio. There is also 2 hour parking located all throughout the Marina. You can find this by heading north on Fillmore. There is a lot at Ft. Mason where Fillmore dead ends.
Barfly members are allotted a membership freeze at anytime with a minimum of one (1) week and a maximum of four (4) weeks. If a freeze request has exceeded the four (4) weeks and additional $25 will be charged for up to two weeks.
Class package sessions must be used within 6 months of purchase.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- Retail items may be returned within 24 hours of purchase, unworn, with tags still on.