About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Hoboken is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The Bar Method Hoboken is located in downtown Hoboken and features two workout studios, a spacious lounge area and an elegant locker room. We are open 7 days a week with classes throughout the day. Metered parking and various lots are available in the surrounding area.
Services & Amenities
- Beauty Bar
- Traveling Program
- Waiting Area
Connect with The Bar Method Hoboken
Be the first to hear about promos, events, studio updates, and other news!
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 30 days in advance.
- Clients are only allowed to take one (1) class per day.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you are on the waitlist and receive a notification that you have been added to class, the spot is yours! You will have to cancel yourself within the 2 hour window if you no longer want to attend class. If you already signed up for another class that wasn’t waitlisted, please make sure to remove yourself from one of the classes to avoid a cancellation fee. If you are on a waitlist for an early morning class and haven’t received a text or “you’ve been added to the waitlist” email, please be sure to cancel yourself out of class the night before if you feel that you will not wake up on time to check your email/text. You can always call the studio in the morning and ask if there’s room. Please make sure that you are signed up to received our emails/ text messages. Settings can be changed in your online profile.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please call the studio before class or sign up for text message notifications to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online or call the studio at least 2 hours before class to avoid being charged a late cancellation fee of $10.
- If you do not show up for a class you are signed up for, you will be charged $30 and will be marked as a no-show.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 10 minutes into a Bar Method, Bar Move, Bar Advanced classes and 5 minutes for a Bar Express class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees, a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels are available outside each studio room, and bath towels are available in the shower area. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes. We have a form available at the front desk that you can provide to your doctor to sign off.
- Please speak to the front desk and/or instructor for proper modifications during class.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
- You can make reservations for childcare online or in person.
- Childcare costs $12 per child and is available during class times on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9:45am – 10:45am. We also have a 5 and 10 childcare pack.
- Club Bar Members are allowed to “freeze” one per calendar year, minimum 10 days and maximum 30 day freeze; 1st freeze is complimentary. Additional freezes are available at an additional cost. Freeze forms are available at the front desk and must be completed 2 business days prior to freezing. Freezes can not be combined together.
- Memberships can not be cancelled while a freeze/hold is in place
- The 2 Weeks Unlimited trial must be activated within 1 month of purchase. Expires 14 days from activation date. Activates on 1st visit to the studio.
- Class package & Single class sessions must be used within 6 months of purchase.
- All class sales are final. Classes are non-refundable, exchangeable or transferable.
- Returns on retail merchandise must be made within 7 days from the purchase date. Studio events & workshops fees are non-returnable.
- Returns of full price merchandise must be as follows: All merchandise must be unwashed and unworn. All hangtags must be attached to the garment and proof of payment must be accompany the return.
- Sale merchandise is final sale.
- If you have Club Bar Unlimited, Club Bar 5 or any other auto-renewing memberships, your membership will auto-renew after your 1st month. If you wish to cancel your membership after the 1st month, you will need to come to the studio and sign a cancellation form.
- We require at least 30 days notice prior to your billing cycle to cancel your membership. A cancellation form must be filled out in person at the studio.