Kailua, HI 96734
Don't miss out!
New Client Special!
Ready to see change? Wanting to try something new?
Check out our New Client Special-2 Week Unlimited package!
Come in and experience 14 days of unlimited classes for only $49+tax to see what all the talk is about!
About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Kailua is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
We are Hawaii’s top boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for a range of fitness levels and body types. From beginners to barre all the way to the advanced barre enthusiasts, including expectant mothers and those with injuries -- all will experience the benefits of our unique classes. The studio is located in the heart of Kailua, above the popular Cinnamons Restaurant.
Services & Amenities
- Beauty Bar
- Waiting Area
Which package works best for you?
Our most popular membership allows you to feel and look your best with unlimited monthly classes. Enjoy the most perks, the most classes and build your barre community! Be prepared for transformation of your mind, body & spirit.
Club Bar Unlimited
Unlimited classes per month
$119 per month.
First month only $89*
- Most popular
- Best value, most perks
* Renews monthly. First month discount for new students only.
We understand you have a busy schedule. Whether it's work, kids, travel, or cross-training, our Club Bar 5 gives you consistent access to classes so you can ALWAYS get your barre fix!
Club Bar 5
5 classes per month
$79 per month*
- Consistent access
- Balance your schedule with variety
* Renews monthly
Whenever your schedule permits, come and delight your body, mind, and spirit with one of our invigorating classes! This package is perfect for those who require utmost flexibility. Or, for those who simply prefer to pay as they go!
$185 per pack*
- Use at your leisure
- Pay as you go
* expires 6 months from purchase
Elaina Olson discovered The Bar Method while living in American Samoa. She ordered a Bar Method DVD and after the first class she was hooked. She then moved to the Bay Area and began working for The Bar Method HQ, learning all she could from the two co-founders before opening her own studio on island. A dancer and athlete growing up, Elaina loves how The Bar Method combines strength training with fun choreography to deliver a fun and effective full body workout. The Bar Method is also inspired and driven by community - not competition - which has created a magical ‘ohana feel at the studio.
Steph Gambetta’s love affair with the The Bar Method began in 2015 when her dear friend encouraged her to join in a class. Growing up an athlete and falling in love with running at a young age, Steph was used to pushing her body, but as she got older she realized her body was craving balance. The Bar Method brought balance, grace, strength, and a fitness community into her life. A lifelong passion for health and wellness and a degree from the Institute of Integrated Nutrition, Stephanie has found the perfect home and loves being able to inspire other to change their lives.
Connect with The Bar Method Kailua
Be the first to hear about promos, events, studio updates, and other news!
- While walk-ins are welcome, we highly recommend reserving classes online in order to guarantee your spot in class. If you walk in and the class is full, we appreciate your understanding.
- In order to reserve online you must have positive class credits (note: class packages can be purchased online).
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk so we know you have arrived and can ensure you have an enjoyable experience.
- MULTIPLE CLASS POLICY: Once you take 1 class in a day, any additional classes must be as a walk in client. This allows every client the ability to take at least 1 class per day. You are allowed up to 2 classes per day, but the second class (chronically) of the day must be as a walk in. Example: client walks into their first class of the day at 5:45am, any additional classes must be as a walk in.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces often open up regularly as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive an email notification.
- Please confirm you received the notification by following these steps to confirm your spot online:
- Log into your account.
- Click on My Info.
- Click on My Schedule.
- My Schedule will list all the classes you are currently in as well as classes that you have been added to from the waitlist.
- Click on “Class Level” (ie, Mixed, Level 2) for the class that you can confirm
- In the Notes box within Visit Details, you can write “Confirmed”. Then click Update.
- This will notify us that you are coming to class and we will mark you as confirmed.
- Reminder: Being bumped off the waitlist into class means you are IN CLASS and therefore responsible for confirming or cancelling your spot. Late Cancel/No Show policy applies.
- If you get into class from the waitlist with less than 2 hours prior to class start and do not show up or cancel your reservation you will be charged.
- If you get into class from the waitlist and are already scheduled for another class in the same day, you will need to cancel your reservation for your other class within the 2-hour cancellation window; if you do not cancel, you will be charged for class.
- If you are moved off the waitlist more than 2 hours before the start of class you will not be charged.
LATE CANCEL/NO SHOW POLICY
- You must cancel prior to two hours before the start of class to avoid a late fee.
- If you are a Bar Method Member, or use another unlimited package, you will be charged $10 if you cancel within the two hours before class and $20 if you are a no-show.
- If you use a class package, you will lose one class.
- If you are added to a class from the waitlist and not able to attend, you must cancel in accordance with the standard cancellation policy to avoid penalty.
- You may cancel online or via the app only
- We do not accept email or phone cancellations
- Policies Subject To Change
- Yearly membership cannot be cancelled nor transferred, no exceptions are made.
- Monthly membership requires 5 day written notice via email to [email protected]
- You are responsible for submitting written cancellation 5 days prior to last class you want to take OR next autopayment for monthly memberships.
- Monthly memberships not pro-rated nor refunded once processed.
- Class packs are non-refundable, non-transferable.
- Policies subject to change.
LATE ARRIVAL TO CLASS
- If this is your first Bar Method class, please arrive 20 minutes early as there is no admittance for first-timers once class has started. First-timers will need to complete the new client form before the start of class.
- Returning clients may enter up to 5 minutes after class has started, but please note that your spot may be taken by standby clients if you are not at the studio when class begins.
- Late-comers must lift their knees 30 times prior to joining class.
- If class has been in session for more than 5 minutes, returning students will not be permitted to join. We strictly adhere to this policy for the safety of our clients. Mahalo for your understanding.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that covers the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- To maintain a clean studio, socks that cover the entire foot, exercise pants to the knee or below (compression shorts must be worn underneath if pants are loose fitting), and tops that cover midriff and waistband of pants.
- Socks must be on PRIOR to entering the studio and must stay covering the entire foot throughout class. No open toed socks are permitted in the studio room.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. If you are on call you may leave your phone with the front desk.
- For your safety, please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- New Client Specials and other introductory deals are only offered to clients who have not visited our studios.
- The Bar Method is a wonderful workout for women throughout their entire pregnancy. We do request clients consult with provider throughout Bar class membership but we do not require a written note from a doctor. Please inform your teacher you are pregnant prior to class time.
- We have adopted several modifications for your safety and comfort that allow the exercises to be performed throughout the pregnancy. Clients pregnant 20 weeks or more have required modifications. Our teachers will always take the time to over these modifications with you.
- No one under the age of 16 is permitted at The Bar Method Kailua. This includes taking class and sitting in the waiting area. Although we love your keiki, we cannot allow you to bring your children to the studio. 16 year olds require a parent present for first class and parental waiver on file on the first day of class.
- We do not allow anyone, adult or child, to sit in the lobby while you take class. We do not have the insurance or licenses for offering childcare. If you bring a child with you, we will have to ask you both to leave. Children at the age of 16 may attend class, but must have a signed parental permission waiver. Please email [email protected] to receive this form.
ILLNESS & INJURIES
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
- Our teachers are expertly trained to provide modifications for almost all situations, just ask!
- All monthly members are able to purchase a freeze for their account. The freeze must be a minimum of 15 days and will be charged $1 per day.
- Yearly members and class pack clients are not eligible to freeze account.
- To set up your freeze, email [email protected] and provide a start and end date to your freeze. You may not backdate a freeze.
- Class package sessions must be started within 12 months of purchase unless otherwise stated.
- All class purchases are non-transferable.
- All class purchases are non-refundable after 7 days and non-transferable. No refunds or pro-rating are given for classes already taken.
- All retail items are final sale.
- Our teachers are expertly trained to ensure our clients are in the safest, most effective form in class to change your body.
- You will be verbally and physically adjusted throughout class to keep you mentally focused and your muscles engaged.
- Please allow yourself 10 to 15 extra minutes to find parking and ensure you make it to class in time.
- There is metered parking on site at the studio.
- In addition there is ample metered street parking on Uluniu st. and Alike st.