Kailua, HI 96734
Don't miss out!
45 for 45
New Client Special - 45 Days of Unlimited Classes
Use promocode SUPPORTLOCAL at checkout
You are eligible to start this package in the next three months!
About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Kailua is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
We are Hawaii’s top boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for a range of fitness levels and body types. From beginners to barre all the way to the advanced barre enthusiasts, including expectant mothers and those with injuries -- all will experience the benefits of our unique classes. The studio is located in the heart of Kailua, above the popular Cinnamons Restaurant.
Services & Amenities
- Beauty Bar
- Traveling Program
- Waiting Area
Connect with The Bar Method Kailua
Be the first to hear about promos, events, studio updates, and other news!
- While walk-ins are welcome, we highly recommend reserving classes online in order to guarantee your spot in class. If you walk in and the class is full, we appreciate your understanding.
- In order to reserve online you must have positive class credits (note: class packages can be purchased online).
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk so we know you have arrived and can ensure you have an enjoyable experience.
- MULTIPLE CLASS POLICY: Once you take 1 class in a day, any additional classes must be as a walk in client. This allows every client the ability to take at least 1 class per day. You are allowed up to 2 classes per day, but the second class (chronically) of the day must be as a walk in. Example: client walks into their first class of the day at 5:45am, any additional classes must be as a walk in.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces often open up regularly as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive an email notification.
- Please confirm you received the notification by following these steps to confirm your spot online:
- Log into your account.
- Click on My Info.
- Click on My Schedule.
- My Schedule will list all the classes you are currently in as well as classes that you have been added to from the waitlist.
- Click on “Class Level” (ie, Bar Method) for the class that you can confirm
- In the Notes box within Visit Details, you can write “Confirmed”. Then click Update.
- This will notify us that you are coming to class and we will mark you as confirmed.
- Reminder: Being bumped off the waitlist into class means you are IN CLASS and therefore responsible for confirming or cancelling your spot. Late Cancel/No Show policy applies.
- If you get into class from the waitlist with less than 2 hours prior to class start and do not show up or cancel your reservation you will be charged.
- If you get into class from the waitlist and are already scheduled for another class in the same day, you will need to cancel your reservation for your other class within the 2-hour cancellation window; if you do not cancel, you will be charged for class.
- If you are moved off the waitlist more than 1 hour before the start of class you will not be charged.
LATE CANCEL/NO SHOW POLICY
- You must cancel prior to two hours before the start of class to avoid a late fee.
- If you are a Bar Method Member, or use another unlimited package, you will be charged $10 if you cancel within the two hours before class and $20 if you are a no-show.
- If you use a class package, you will lose one class.
- If you are added to a class from the waitlist and not able to attend, you must cancel in accordance with the standard cancellation policy to avoid penalty.
- You may cancel online or via the app only
- We do not accept email or phone cancellations
- Policies Subject To Change
- Yearly membership cannot be cancelled or transferred, no exceptions.
- In the first three months, all Club Bar Members can cancel their memberships at any time so long as they email the studio at [email protected] at least 5 days prior to the next charge date.
- After the third monthly charge, Club Bar Members may cancel their memberships by emailing the studio at [email protected] at least 30 days prior to the next charge date.
- Monthly memberships cannot be pro-rated and cannot be refunded once processed.
- Class packs are non-refundable, non-transferable.
- Policies subject to change.
LATE ARRIVAL TO CLASS
- If this is your first Bar Method class, please arrive 20 minutes early as there is no admittance for first-timers once class has started. First-timers will need to complete the new client form before the start of class.
- Returning clients may enter up to 5 minutes after class has started, but please note that your spot may be taken by standby clients if you are not at the studio when class begins.
- Late-comers must lift their knees 30 times prior to joining class.
- If class has been in session for more than 5 minutes, returning students will not be permitted to join. We strictly adhere to this policy for the safety of our clients. Mahalo for your understanding.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that covers the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- To maintain a clean studio, socks that cover the entire foot, exercise pants to the knee or below (compression shorts must be worn underneath if pants are loose fitting), and tops that cover midriff and waistband of pants.
- Socks must be on PRIOR to entering the studio and must stay covering the entire foot throughout class. No open toed socks are permitted in the studio room.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. If you are on call you may leave your phone with the front desk.
- For your safety, please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- New Client Specials and other introductory deals are only offered to clients who have not visited our studios.
- The Bar Method is a wonderful workout for women throughout their entire pregnancy. We do request clients consult with provider throughout Bar class membership but we do not require a written note from a doctor. Please inform your teacher you are pregnant prior to class time.
- We have adopted several modifications for your safety and comfort that allow the exercises to be performed throughout the pregnancy. Clients pregnant 20 weeks or more have required modifications. Our teachers will always take the time to over these modifications with you.
- No one under the age of 16 is permitted at The Bar Method Kailua. This includes taking class and sitting in the waiting area. Although we love your keiki, we cannot allow you to bring your children to the studio. 16 year olds require a parent present for first class and parental waiver on file on the first day of class.
- We do not allow anyone, adult or child, to sit in the lobby while you take class. If you bring a child with you, we will have to ask you both to leave. Children at the age of 16 may attend class, but must have a signed parental permission waiver. Please email [email protected] to receive this form.
ILLNESS & INJURIES
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
- Our teachers are expertly trained to provide modifications for almost all situations, just ask!
Kid’s Club Policies
Available during our Pop Ups. Keep your eyes open for our Pop Ups on the schedule available 2 weeks in advance.
No child(ren) will be released to anyone other than the parent/legal guardian who signed the child in for that day.
- Any sick child(ren), will not be permitted to enter or stay in the Kid’s Club.
- Kids Club attendants cannot administer any medications to child(ren).
- Diapers and/or going to the restroom must be completed and changed prior to entering the Kid’s Club.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be completed prior to 60 minutes of Babysitting Class start time. Any late cancellations will result in loss of class (not a charge). BM classes follow studio policies.
- BM Kailua has the right to cancel Kid’s Club with 2 hour notice if the class does not have any sign ups. Please sign up via online to reserve your spot. Spaces are limited.
- Food is not permitted in the Kid’s Club. Only water is permitted and it must be in a container with a lid.
- The Kid’s Club is available 5 minutes prior to class start time and will be closed 5 minutes after the class ends.
- We reserve the right to pull the parent/legal guardian out of class if the child(ren) are unable to be consoled, are aggressive or who display disruptive behavior.
Parents/Legal Guardians must stay within The Bar Method Kailua (Olson Ventures 808, LLC) at all times while their child(ren) are in the Kid’s Club. Any child(ren) over the age of 10 are not permitted to utilize the Kid’s Club nor remain in the lobby during class.
No exceptions can be made for this Safety Policy.
Failure to comply with our policies will result in suspending access to the Kid’s Club
- As a perk of Club Bar Unlimited, members are able to freeze their accounts for limited durations during the year. A freeze must be a minimum duration of 15 days and cannot exceed 2 months.
- Club Bar Unlimited Members are eligible to receive one complimentary freeze (within the 15 day to 2 month limitations) to their accounts per calendar year.
- Any additional freezes will be charged $1 per day.
- To set up your freeze, email [email protected] and provide a start and end date to your freeze. You may not backdate a freeze. Freezes are non-refundable.
- Class package sessions must be started within 6 months of purchase unless otherwise stated.
- All class purchases are non-transferable.
- All class purchases are non-refundable after 7 days and non-transferable. No refunds or pro-rating are given for classes already taken.
- All retail items are final sale.
- Our teachers are expertly trained to ensure our clients are in the safest, most effective form in class to change your body. It’s out of love and passion to give you your best workout!
- You will be verbally and physically adjusted throughout class to keep you mentally focused and your muscles engaged.
- Please allow yourself 10 to 15 extra minutes to find parking and ensure you make it to class in time.
- There is metered parking on site at the studio.
- In addition there is ample metered street parking on Uluniu st. and Alike st.
- Sunday’s street parking is free!
Are you a monthly member at another Bar Method studio visiting the island? If so, email us a screenshot of your membership eligibility to [email protected] to receive a one time discount on our services.
We look forward to introducing you to The Bar Method Kailua ohana!
The Bar Method is not responsible for any lost or misplaced items. If you believe you’ve left an item at the studio, please check the Studio’s Lost & Found bin.
All items that remain in the Lost & Found bin are donated at the end of each month.
A successful workout program requires discipline, consistency and commitment. For the greatest, life changing results we recommend 3-5+ classes per week.
Our signature format, The Bar Method, is the best at changing your body, mind, and spirit. Our other class varieties like Bar Express and Bar Move are great when you’re craving extra cardio, or strength training, or are short on time. Our Bar Method classes don’t provide a “quick fix” or “instant results” but they are sustainable and are never the same. Every choreography move or teacher’s motiviation changes from class to class.
We promise you that you will feel the change and see a difference if you commit to yourself 3-5 times a week.