About the studio
The Bar Method New York City - Broadway Upper West Side is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
Join us on the Upper West Side ~ come to class early, linger afterwards and enjoy our full service locker room with showers, Bar Boutique and Juice Bar. Two studio rooms allow multiple class options 7 days a week. See you at The Bar!
Services & Amenities
- Beauty Bar
- Waiting Area
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. Please reply to the notification immediately whether you can attend or not. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until you confirm.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please call the studio before class or sign up for text message notifications to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio to avoid being charged for a no-show. Early morning classes (6:00, 6:30, and 7:00 AM) require cancellation 12 hours in advance to avoid a penalty. All classes that begin after 7 AM require cancellation 2 hours in advance.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $35 for a no-show or $15 for a late cancellation.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 30 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio. Please put your socks on before entering studio rooms.
- Only Bar Method exercises and stretches are permitted in class. If you are unable to perform an exercise or stretch due to an injury or limitation, your instructor will provide you with a modification working or stretching the same muscle group. Please let your instructor know of any injuries/limitations before class.
- Only clear liquids in capped water bottles are permitted in class. Bottled water sold at front desk.
- Cell phones are not permitted in the exercise studios. Keyed lockers are provided and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings. If you are expecting an important call, you can leave your phone at the front desk. We are happy to call you out of class if necessary.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studios.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels are available outside of studios and bath towels are available in the shower area. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients are welcome but must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- Safety is our utmost concern for all of our clients. Pregnant clients require modifications for certain exercises and additional modifications are required after the 20 week mark. Please make your instructors aware of how far along you are in your pregnancy so they can ensure you receive the correct modifications.
- No clients are admitted before the age of 18.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
Club Bar members are allowed to freeze their memberships twice per year for up to 60 days.
Class package sessions must be used within 3 months of purchase.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- Retail items may be returned within 7 days of purchase, unworn, with tags still on. Returns after 7 days will receive Boutique credit.