Philadelphia - Rittenhouse
Philadelphia, PA 19103
About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Philadelphia - Rittenhouse is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The Bar Method Rittenhouse is located one block from Rittenhouse Square and features two workout studio rooms, a spacious locker room with three showers, a men's locker area and childcare. We are open 7 days a week with classes throughout the day.
Services & Amenities
- Beauty Bar
- Waiting Area
Sign Up Today
About the Owners
GinaRusso discovered The Bar Method while living in North Jersey and was lucky enough to have access to many locations. She was drawn to the workout because it strengthened her both physically and mentally and admits that it never gets easier. Growing up in the suburbs of Philadelphia Gina was eager to bring this life changing workout to her hometown. She has played sports from a young age and strength and grace have always been part of her life. Being active is simply her way of life, amplified more so now that she is a mom of two young boys.
Kristin Cataline was introduced to The Bar Method after struggling to lose lingering postpartum pounds. Being an avid workout enthusiast and prior athlete, she was drawn to the uniqueness of the workout and how it deviated from any other fitness regimens. With that a love for the method grew as the results quickly followed. Connecting her mind and body, Kristin realized she was not just becoming stronger physically but also mentally. Being from the Philadelphia area, she found herself commuting to Bar Method studios near and far to continue strengthening this mind body connection with high hopes of one being opened closer before Rittenhouse came to fruition.
Connect with The Bar Method Philadelphia - Rittenhouse
Be the first to hear about promos, events, studio updates, and other news!
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. Please reply to the notification immediately whether you can attend or not. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until you confirm.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please call the studio before class or sign up for text message notifications to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio to avoid being charged for a no-show. Early morning classes (6:00 and 7:15 AM) require cancellation 12 hours in advance to avoid a penalty. All classes that begin after 7:15 AM require cancellation 2 hours in advance.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $10.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels are available outside of Studio A, and bath towels are available in the shower area. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- It is strongly encouraged that all pregnant clients take at least one pre-natal class before taking a standard class. We also recommend that pregnant clients avoid Level 2 and Bar Move classes.
- Pregnant students can opt to take the first half of the class (which focuses on the arms and legs) for half price.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
We do not have dedicated parking for the studio. There is metered parking on the surrounding streets and pay lots on Pine St. and Latimer St.
Club Bar members are allowed to freeze their membership twice per calendar year for a minimum of 10 days and a maximum of 30 days. The first freeze is complementary and a 2nd freeze is $25. Freeze forms are available at the front desk and must be completed 5 days prior to a freeze.
Class package sessions must be used within 6 months of purchase.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- Retail items may be returned within 24 hours of purchase, unworn, with tags still on.