Portland - Old Port
Portland, ME 04101
Don't miss out!
New to Bar Method? Try 3 classes for $39 and see what everyone is talking about!
About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Portland - Old Port is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
Services & Amenities
- Traveling Program
- Waiting Area
Which package works best for you?
Our most popular membership allows you to feel and look your best with unlimited monthly classes. Enjoy the most perks, the most classes and build your barre community! Be prepared for transformation of your mind, body & spirit.
Club Bar Unlimited
Unlimited classes per month
$150 per month.
First month only $89*
- Most popular
- Best value, most perks
* Renews monthly. First month discount for new students only.
We understand you have a busy schedule. Whether it's work, kids, travel, or cross-training, our Club Bar 5 gives you consistent access to classes so you can ALWAYS get your barre fix!
Club Bar 5
5 classes per month
$95 per month*
- Consistent access
- Balance your schedule with variety
* Renews monthly
Whenever your schedule permits, come and delight your body, mind, and spirit with one of our invigorating classes! This package is perfect for those who require utmost flexibility. Or, for those who simply prefer to pay as they go!
$220 per pack*
- Use at your leisure
- Pay as you go
* Good for 6 months
MEET SAROYA! For the last 15 years, Saroya has primarily worked in a cubicle in the insurance industry in Northern California, but realized there is much more to this world than email. She was introduced by a friend to The Bar Method, fell in love with the workout and hasn’t looked back since. A dedicated student for the past 9 years, she had longed to bring the workout back to the state that she loves (she also admits that she selfishly didn’t want to live without it when she moved home to be closer to family), so here she is! When she's not in the studio, you can probably find her hanging with family, sleeping or eating donuts :)
Connect with The Bar Method Portland - Old Port
Be the first to hear about promos, events, studio updates, and other news!
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio to avoid being charged for a no-show. Early morning classes (classes that begin before 8am) and all weekend classes require cancellation 8 hours in advance to avoid a penalty. All other classes require cancellation 1 hour in advance.
- If you are using a class package or introductory offer, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff windows, results in a loss of that class (your first one is free). If you are a Club Bar Unlimited member, your account will be charged $10 (as a perk, you receive 2 free per year).
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that covers the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Only water in capped containers is permitted into the studio.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings. The Bar Method Portland – Old Port is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels are available outside of the locker room, and bath towels are available near the shower. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- It is strongly encouraged that all pregnant clients take at least one pre-natal class (if offered) before taking a standard class. We also recommend that pregnant clients avoid Level 2 and Bar Move classes.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
We do not have dedicated parking for the studio. There is metered parking located on Dana or Commercial right outside the studio. There is also 2 hour parking located a block away on Union or a few blocks over on Center.
Class package sessions must be used within 6 months of purchase.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- Retail items may be returned within 24 hours of purchase, unworn, with tags still on.