Chicago - South Loop
Chicago, IL 60616
About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Chicago - South Loop is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
We are located on Michigan Ave at 21st St. in Chicago's fastest growing community. The space includes a workout studio, a locker room with showers, a spacious lobby with retail, a coffee bar, and a child care room. We are open 7 days a week. Metered street parking is available.
Services & Amenities
- Beauty Bar
- Waiting Area
Sign Up Today
About the Owner
Julie Gerenrot has an MA in Economics from Northwestern and spent the last 9 years working in finance while pursuing professional dance. Her Bar Method journey started in 2009. The classes became her lunchtime hour of escape, allowing her to tap into her strength and grace during the workday. She immediately fell in love with its technique, its relentless focus on form, its power to heal and transform the body and the dedicated community it fosters. She was empowered to became an instructor in 2013 and open her own studio in 2017 to share this life changing workout with the South Loop!
Connect with The Bar Method Chicago - South Loop
Be the first to hear about promos, events, studio updates, and other news!
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. Please reply to the notification immediately whether you can attend or not. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until you confirm.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please call the studio before class to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio at least 60 minutes before class to avoid being charged for a no-show.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $20 for a no-show.
- Remember: failing to cancel at least an hour before class begins will count as a no-show.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 15 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 5 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that covers the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. You may ask the front desk manager to keep your phone for you during class if you are expecting a very important phone call. Otherwise, store it in the lockers with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand and bath towels are available in the shower area. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- It is strongly encouraged that all pregnant clients meet with the instructor prior to the start of class to go through basic modifications.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 14 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- Just a cold? Please stay home, rest, and avoid spreading the virus to others.
- Mothers who bring children under age 6 must ensure they are in the childcare room during class. Children are not allowed to play or climb on the stall bars and other exercise equipment.
- You can make reservations for the playroom either by phone, or in person, at least an hour in advance. When reserving by phone, please indicate your name, the time of the class you plan to attend, along with the name and age of your child.
- A playroom visit costs $6 per child (or 10 visits for $50).
Metered street parking is available on Michigan Ave in front of the studio.
Club Bar members are allowed to freeze their memberships twice per year for up to 30 days total.
Class package sessions must be used within 12 months of purchase.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- Retail items may be returned within 24 hours of purchase, unworn, with tags still on.