Exclusive Offer 50% Off One Month Of Unlimited Classes
About the studio
The Bar Method Chicago - South Loop is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
We are located on Michigan Ave at 21st St. in Chicago's fastest growing community. We are open 7 days a week and offer virtual classes. Metered street parking is available.
Services & Amenities
- Beauty Bar
- Traveling Program
- Waiting Area
Which package works best for you?
Club Bar Unlimited
- Look and feel your best with unlimited monthly classes
- Enjoy the most perks and build your barre community
- First month only $99*
Club Bar 5
- Consistent access so you can always get your barre fix
- Balance your schedule with variety
- Transform your mind, body and spirit
- Perfect for those who need the utmost flexibility
- Attend classes as your schedule permits
- Pay as you go pricing
About the owner
Julie Gerenrot has an MA in Economics from Northwestern and spent the last 9 years working in finance while pursuing professional dance. Her Bar Method journey started in 2009. The classes became her lunchtime hour of escape, allowing her to tap into her strength and grace during the workday. She immediately fell in love with its technique, its relentless focus on form, its power to heal and transform the body and the dedicated community it fosters. She was empowered to became an instructor in 2013 and open her own studio in 2017 to share this life changing workout with the South Loop!
- Reservations are required. We are currently unable to accommodate walk-ins. Please reserve your classes online or The Bar Method app.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. Please reply to the notification immediately whether you can attend or not. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until you confirm.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online or on The Bar Method app at least 1 hour before class to avoid being charged for a no-show.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $20 for a no-show.
- Remember: failing to cancel before class begins will count as a no-show.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- We will lock our doors at the start of class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Per City of Chicago guidelines you are required to wear a face covering in the lobby and during class.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that covers the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Please store it in a cubby or locker with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- It is strongly encouraged that all pregnant clients meet with the instructor prior to the start of class to go through basic modifications.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 14 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- Just a cold? Please stay home, rest, and avoid spreading the virus to others.
- Mothers who bring children under age 6 must ensure they are in the childcare room during class. Children are not allowed to play or climb on the stall bars and other exercise equipment.
- You can make reservations for the playroom either by phone, via email, or in person, at least an hour in advance. When reserving by phone, please indicate your name, the time of the class you plan to attend, along with the name and age of your child.
- If your child isn’t feeling well please leave them at home to avoid spreading the virus to others.
- A playroom visit costs $10 per child (or 10 visits for $85).
Metered street parking is available on Michigan Ave in front of the studio.
Club Bar members are allowed to freeze their memberships twice per year for up to 30 days total.
5 and 10 class packs must be used within 6 months of purchase.
20 class packs must be used within 1 year of purchase.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- All Retail sales are final.