Honolulu, HI 96826
About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Honolulu is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
We are located in Moiliili, next to the Humane Society and conveniently right off H1. We have a beautiful, spa-like facility with classes every day of the week. There is a small parking lot, metered parking on the street and a parking garage off University Ave (Puck’s Alley). Our staff -- who we consider ‘ohana -- and community are there to support you.
Services & Amenities
- Beauty Bar
- Free Parking
- Waiting Area
Sign Up Today
About the Owners
Elaina Olson discovered The Bar Method while living in American Samoa. She ordered a Bar Method DVD and after the first class she was hooked. She then moved to the Bay Area and began working for The Bar Method HQ, learning all she could from the two co-founders before opening her own studio on island. A dancer and athlete growing up, Elaina loves how The Bar Method combines strength training with fun choreography to deliver a fun and effective full body workout. The Bar Method is also inspired and driven by community - not competition - which has created a magical ‘ohana feel at the studio.
Steph Gambetta’s love affair with the The Bar Method began in 2015 when her dear friend encouraged her to join in a class. Growing up an athlete and falling in love with running at a young age, Steph was used to pushing her body, but as she got older she realized her body was craving balance. The Bar Method brought balance, grace, strength, and a fitness community into her life. A lifelong passion for health and wellness and a degree from the Institute of Integrated Nutrition, Stephanie has found the perfect home and loves being able to inspire other to change their lives.
Connect with The Bar Method Honolulu
Be the first to hear about promos, events, studio updates, and other news!
- While walk-ins are welcome, we highly recommend reserving classes online in order to guarantee your spot in class. If you walk in and the class is full, we appreciate your understanding.
- In order to reserve online you must have positive class credits (note: class packages can be purchased online).
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk so we know you have arrived and can ensure you have an enjoyable experience.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces often open up regularly as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive an email notification.
- Please confirm you received the notification by following these steps to confirm your spot online:
- Log into your account.
- Click on My Info.
- Click on My Schedule.
- My Schedule will list all the classes you are currently in as well as classes that you have been added to from the waitlist.
- Click on “Class Level” (ie, Mixed, Level 2) for the class that you can confirm
- In the Notes box within Visit Details, you can write “Confirmed”. Then click Update.
- This will notify us that you are coming to class and we will mark you as confirmed.
- Reminder: Being bumped off the waitlist into class means you are IN CLASS and therefore responsible for confirming or cancelling your spot.
- If you get into class from the waitlist with more than 60 minutes prior to class start and do not show up or cancel your reservation you will be charged.
- If you get into class from the waitlist and are already scheduled for another class in the same day, you will need to cancel your reservation for your other class within the 2-hour cancellation window (10 hours for classes that start at or before 9am); if you do not cancel, you will be charged for class.
- If you are moved off the waitlist less than 60 minutes before the start of class you will not be charged
- You must cancel prior to two hours before the start of class (10 hours for classes that start at or before 9am) to avoid a late fee.
- If you are a Bar Method Member, or use another unlimited package, you will be charged $10 if you cancel within the late cancel window and $20 if you are a no-show.
- If you use a class package, you will lose one class.
- If you are added to a class from the waitlist and not able to attend, you must cancel in accordance with the standard cancellation policy to avoid penalty.
- You may cancel online only
- We do not accept email or phone cancellations
- Policies subject to change.
- If this is your first Bar Method class, please arrive 20 minutes early as there is no admittance for first-timers once class has started. First-timers will need to complete the new client form before the start of class.
- Returning clients may enter up to 5 minutes after class has started, but please note that your spot may be taken by standby clients if you are not at the studio when class begins.
- Late-comers must lift their knees 30 times prior to joining class.
- If class has been in session for more than 5 minutes, returning students will not be permitted to join. We strictly adhere to this policy for the safety of our clients. Mahalo for your understanding.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that covers the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- To maintain a clean studio, socks must be on PRIOR to entering the studio and must stay covering the entire foot throughout class. No open toed socks permitted in the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. If you are on call or have a pager you need for emergencies, you may leave it at the front desk and we will come get you out of class.
- For your safety, please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels are available outside of the studio room, and bath towels are available in the shower area. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- New Client Specials and other introductory deals are only offered to clients who have not visited our studios.
- The Bar Method is a wonderful workout for women throughout their entire pregnancy. We do require new and continuing pregnant clients to provide a doctor’s note that allows permission to take strengthening and stretching classes. This note must be brought in on or prior to your first class if you are new to Bar Method. If you are an existing client, please bring this note in as soon as you know you are pregnant. We also have a form you can send to your doctor. Email [email protected] or ask the front desk if you would like this form. Please inform your teacher you are pregnant prior to class time.
- Pregnant clients new to the Bar Method must have previously taken a “bar-based” class or the at home Bar Method Pregnancy DVD at least one time and arrive for your first class 30 minutes early.
- We have adopted several modifications for your safety and comfort that allow the exercises to be performed comfortably throughout the pregnancy. Our teachers will always take the time to go over these modifications with you.
- No one under the age of 17 is permitted at The Bar Method Honolulu. This includes taking class and sitting in the waiting area. Although we love your Keiki, we cannot allow you to bring your children to the studio.
- They may not sit in the lobby while you take class. We do not have the insurance or licenses for offering childcare. If you bring a child with you, we will have to ask you both to leave. Children at the age of 17 may attend class, but must have a signed parental permission form. Please email [email protected] to receive this form.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
- Our teachers are expertly trained to provide modifications for almost all situations. Just ask!
There is a small parking lot attached to our building, metered parking on South King Street and a parking garage off University Ave (Puck’s Alley). Please allow yourself 10-15 extra minutes to find parking.
All Bar Star Members get one complimentary freeze per calendar year. The freeze must be a minimum of 15 days and a maximum of 2 months. If you would like to freeze more than once, you may do so at $1 per day your account is frozen.
To set up your freeze, email [email protected] and provide a start and end date to your freeze.
Class package sessions must be used within 12 months of purchase unless otherwise stated.
- All purchases are non-refundable after 7 days. No refunds are given for classes already taken.
- All retail items are final sale.
- Our teachers are expertly trained to ensure clients are in the safest, most effective form during class to change your body.
- You will be verbally and physically adjusted throughout class to keep you mentally focused and your muscles engaged.
Are you a monthly member at another Bar Method studio visiting the island? If so, email us a screenshot of your membership eligibility to [email protected] to receive a one time discount on our services.
We look forward to introducing you to The Bar Method Honolulu ohana!