About the studio
The Bar Method Honolulu is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
We are located in Moiliili, next to the Humane Society and conveniently right off H1. We have a beautiful, spa-like facility with classes every day of the week. There is a small parking lot, metered parking on the street and a parking garage off University Ave (Puck’s Alley). Our staff -- who we consider ‘ohana -- and community are there to support you.
Services & Amenities
- Beauty Bar
- Free Parking
- Waiting Area
Which package works best for you?
Club Bar Unlimited
- Look and feel your best with unlimited monthly classes
- Enjoy the most perks and build your barre community
- First month only $199*
- Perfect for those who need the utmost flexibility
- Attend classes as your schedule permits
- Pay as you go pricing
About the owners
Elaina Olson discovered The Bar Method while living in American Samoa. She ordered a Bar Method DVD and after the first class she was hooked. She then moved to the Bay Area and began working for The Bar Method HQ, learning all she could from the two co-founders before opening her own studio on island. A dancer and athlete growing up, Elaina loves how The Bar Method combines strength training with fun choreography to deliver a fun and effective full body workout. The Bar Method is also inspired and driven by community - not competition - which has created a magical ‘ohana feel at the studio.
Steph Gambetta’s love affair with the The Bar Method began in 2015 when her dear friend encouraged her to join in a class. Growing up an athlete and falling in love with running at a young age, Steph was used to pushing her body, but as she got older she realized her body was craving balance. The Bar Method brought balance, grace, strength, and a fitness community into her life. A lifelong passion for health and wellness and a degree from the Institute of Integrated Nutrition, Stephanie has found the perfect home and loves being able to inspire other to change their lives.
- You are allowed to take one class per day and sign up for one class per day. If you sign up for more than one class on a given day, you will be removed from the second class without notice.
- To reserve your class online, you must have an active membership or package. You can sign up for class up to 15 minutes before it.
- When you arrive for class, please check-in at the front desk. If you have any new health/injury updates, please share them with our staff so that we can ensure you have the best experience possible.
Please continue to check your email for your notices regarding your waitlist status.
- If a class is full that you would like to attend, you can put yourself on the waitlist.
- Most waitlists do clear once the class gets closer, so your chances are high that you will get into the class you would like to attend!
- You can be pushed into the class (via email!) up to an hour before class starts.
- If you get into the class, you must show up or cancel within our policies.
- Please stay mindful of your waitlist status and remove if you can no longer attend the class if you get off the waitlist with an hour’s notice (especially important for 6 am and weekend classes!)
- You must cancel four hours before class to avoid a late fee.
- If you have a Membership, you will be charged $10 if you cancel within the late cancel window and $20 if you are a no-show.
- If you have a Package, you will lose one class per late cancel/no show.
- If you are added to a class from the waitlist and cannot attend, you must cancel per the standard cancellation policy to avoid any fees or penalties. You can be added from the waitlist up to an hour before the start of class.
- You may cancel online only. We cannot accept email or phone cancellations.
- Class cancellation and no-show policies are subject to change.
- First-time students, please arrive 15 minutes early to meet your instructor and have a studio tour before getting settled in for class.
- Studio doors close at the start of class. No late arrivals will be admitted, so please plan accordingly.
- We have parking on-site, however, it can get full.
- Due to COVID Restrictions, masks are required to enter and participate in class.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover your knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that covers your midriff, and socks that cover your entire foot.
- Students may bring socks from home or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
ALOHA! Our studio is so special because of our amazing community. We love how respectful and kind our members are. Here are some tips to contribute to the warmth of the studio.
- Be mindful of the energy you bring, the words you speak, and the impact you have.
- Capped water bottles are the only drinks allowed in the studio.
- No cell phones or gum in class.
- We ask that you not save a spot at the bar.
- If you need to leave class early, please do so before the final stretch begins.
- Socks (that cover the whole foot) must be worn before entering the studio.
- Please wear clothing that covers the knee and midriff.
- The Bar Method is a wonderful workout for women throughout their entire pregnancy. Email [email protected] or ask the front desk to update your profile with your due date, and please inform your teacher that you are pregnant before class time.
- We have adopted several modifications for your safety and comfort that allow the exercises to be performed comfortably throughout the pregnancy. Our teachers will always take the time to go over these modifications with you. We are also happy to email these modifications for your reference.
- You must consult with your doctor and receive clearance to take our classes.
- No one under the age of 16 is permitted at The Bar Method Honolulu — this includes taking a class and sitting in the waiting area. Although we love your Keiki, we cannot allow you to bring your children to the studio.
- Children at the age of 16 may attend class, but must have a signed parental permission form. Please email [email protected] to receive this form.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take a class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious, we ask that you stay home and get better.
- Our teachers are expertly trained to provide modifications for almost all situations. Just ask!
A small parking lot is attached to our building, but it can get full!
There is also metered parking on South King Street, and a parking garage off University Ave (Puck’s Alley). Please allow yourself 10-15 extra minutes to find parking.
Please remove your car from the parking lot immediately after class unless you visit another business in the Bar Method building.
- All purchases are non-refundable.
- All Yearly memberships/packages are final sale and non-transferable.
- All retail items are final sale.
- All class purchases are non-transferable.
- Access to 1 class/day of our signature class offerings.
Membership expires 30 days after activation. It cannot be prorated or refunded once purchased.
No freezes or extensions.
Discounted offer for joining Club Bar Premium Monthly Membership before the expiration of Introductory membership.
The BEST way to fall in love with our Method and really see the amazing results you crave!
CLUB BAR 4 + CLUB BAR 8
- Monthly recurring charge giving access to 8 or 4 classes/month.
- Unused classes to not roll over to following month.
- Late cancels and no shows result in loss of class from package.
- No freezes or extensions.
- Access to our private FaceBook group with live streaming and pre-recorded classes.
- Weekly recurring charge, email with a 7-day notice to cancel membership.
- No prorated discounts, extensions, or freezes.
- Class Packages are non-refundable, non-transferable.
- All class packages expire six months after the purchase date unless otherwise noted.
- Class packages may be used for signature class offerings only.
- No extensions or freezes.
- Our Signature class offerings include Bar Method, Bar Method Advanced, Bar Express, Bar Express Advanced, and Bar Move. Explore details of these classes below.
- We offer pop-up offerings from time to time featuring specialty classes including: Bar Restore, Sound Bath, Meditation, and other events which may be subject to additional fees.
This format is low impact, high reward. Our classic interval training workout is designed to help you lose inches by burning fat and sculpting lean muscles. The class focuses on isometric movements that increase strength and endurance in your muscles, followed by stretching intervals designed to reshape and transform your body. A purposeful sequence of strong-but-subtle movements will increase your endurance. You will leave feeling stronger, aligned, and renewed. This class welcomes all levels. Class time: 50-55 minutes. Great for first time clients!
This class is efficient yet effective. It offers fat-burning, muscle-building benefits in a slightly shorter class format. If 45 minutes is all you have to give, we’ll make the most of it–pack in all the sculpting, strengthening, and endorphin generating moves, and get back to the office, car line pickup, or the day’s errands right on time. A busy day is no excuse for your body. Class time: 45 minutes.
Bar Express Advanced. Efficient yet effective. Ask more from your muscles during this elevated version of our signature Bar Method class. Thorough thigh and seat work, a faster pace, and more intricate choreography will challenge even the most practiced barre enthusiasts to push the limits of their inner and outer strength. If 45 minutes is all you have to give, we’ll make the most of it–pack in all the sculpting, strengthening, and endorphin generating moves, and get back to the office, car line pickup, or the day’s errands right on time. A busy day is no excuse for your body. Class time: 45 minutes. No first-time students permitted.10 class minimum prerequisite.
Ask more from your muscles during this elevated version of our signature Bar Method class. Thorough thigh and seat work, a faster pace, and more intricate choreography will challenge even the most practiced barre enthusiasts to push the limits of their inner and outer strength.
Class time: 50-55 minutes. No first-time students permitted. 10 class minimum prerequisite.
Our cardio-intensive experience is designed to keep your heart rate elevated throughout the class. This fast-paced, full-body workout promises to keep your heart pounding. Sculpt your body and sharpen your mind as you challenge yourself to keep up with unexpected choreography. Consider this your ultimate detoxifier and endorphin rush. Mix in 1 or 2 Bar Move classes each week for variety and an aerobic kick!
Class time: 50-55 minutes. No first-time students permitted. 10 class minimum prerequisite.
- Our teachers are expertly trained to ensure clients are in the safest, most effective form during class to change your body.
- You will be given verbal or hands-on adjustments throughout the class to keep you mentally focused and your muscles engaged.
The Bar Method is not responsible for any lost or misplaced items. If you believe you have left an item at the studio, please check our Studio’s Lost & Found bin.
All items that remain in the Lost & Found bin are donated at the end of each month.
A successful workout program requires discipline, consistency, and commitment. For the greatest, life-changing results, we recommend 3-5+ classes per week.
Our signature format, The Bar Method, is the best at changing your body, mind, and spirit. Our other class varieties like Bar Express and Bar Move are great for when you’re craving extra cardio, strength training, or if you are short on time. Our Bar Method classes don’t provide a “quick fix” or “instant results” but are sustainable, engaging, and never the same.
We promise you that you will feel the change and see a difference if you commit to yourself 3-5 times a week.
We sell both physical and email gift cards. These can be used towards retail or class packages. All memberships must be paid by credit card.
Aloha! We are excited to welcome you to our Bar Method ‘Ohana!
We are not a part of the traveling barre program. Our NCS is just for Hawaii residents, but we recommend a class package as the best value for those visiting!
All retail items are final sale.
At this time we are happy to offer discounted rates for our military ‘Ohana. Please email management so that we can show our appreciation for your family’s service and apply this specialty rate to your account. We also extend a welcome discount to those who wish to join Club Bar Premium Membership after their New Client Special.
We manage all member communication regarding accounts, class booking, and other questions by email. Please reach out to us at [email protected] gmail.com and we will get back to you within 24 hours!
We have a new software system! Having trouble logging in?
We recently switched to a new software system and it’s conveniently located on our website. You’ll need to CLICK ‘FORGOT PASSWORD’ to create a new password for your account. GOOD NEWS…your account details have transferred over, so you are all set from there!