Honolulu, HI 96826
NEW CLIENT SPECIAL
We can't wait to welcome you to our Bar "Ohana!
Buy 30 Days of Unlimited classes and get 15 FREE!
About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Honolulu is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
We are located in Moiliili, next to the Humane Society and conveniently right off H1. We have a beautiful, spa-like facility with classes every day of the week. There is a small parking lot, metered parking on the street and a parking garage off University Ave (Puck’s Alley). Our staff -- who we consider ‘ohana -- and community are there to support you.
Which package works best for you?
Club Bar Unlimited
Unlimited classes per month
$169 per month.
First month only $169*
- Most popular
- Best value, most perks
Our most popular membership allows you to feel and look your best with unlimited monthly classes. Enjoy the most perks, the most classes and build your barre community! Be prepared for transformation of your mind, body & spirit.
* Renews monthly. First month discount for new students only.
$229.00 per pack*
- Use at your leisure
- Pay as you go
Whenever your schedule permits, come and delight your body, mind, and spirit with one of our invigorating classes! This package is perfect for those who require utmost flexibility. Or, for those who simply prefer to pay as they go!
* Good for 6 months
Elaina Olson discovered The Bar Method while living in American Samoa. She ordered a Bar Method DVD and after the first class she was hooked. She then moved to the Bay Area and began working for The Bar Method HQ, learning all she could from the two co-founders before opening her own studio on island. A dancer and athlete growing up, Elaina loves how The Bar Method combines strength training with fun choreography to deliver a fun and effective full body workout. The Bar Method is also inspired and driven by community - not competition - which has created a magical ‘ohana feel at the studio.
Steph Gambetta’s love affair with the The Bar Method began in 2015 when her dear friend encouraged her to join in a class. Growing up an athlete and falling in love with running at a young age, Steph was used to pushing her body, but as she got older she realized her body was craving balance. The Bar Method brought balance, grace, strength, and a fitness community into her life. A lifelong passion for health and wellness and a degree from the Institute of Integrated Nutrition, Stephanie has found the perfect home and loves being able to inspire other to change their lives.
Connect with The Bar Method Honolulu
Be the first to hear about promos, events, studio updates, and other news!
- Due to temporary COVID restrictions, all classes must be reserved online. We are not accepting walk-ins at this time.
- At this time clients are allowed to take only one class per day. If signed up for more than one class in a given day, client will be removed from second class without notice.
- In order to reserve online you must have positive class credits (note: class packages can be purchased online).
- When you arrive for class, please check-in at the front desk so we know you have arrived and can ensure you have an enjoyable experience.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces often open up regularly as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive an email notification.
- Reminder: Being bumped off the waitlist into class means you are IN CLASS and therefore responsible for confirming or cancelling your spot. Remember: if you are on the waitlist, it is your responsibility to monitor your status on the waitlist, as you may have been added to class. Please ignore the status in the online scheduler that says “unconfirmed;” we are holding a reserved space for you in class, and if you cannot attend you must cancel your reservation as stated above.
- If you get into class from the waitlist with more than 60 minutes prior to class start and do not show up or cancel your reservation you will be charged.
- If you get into class from the waitlist and are already scheduled for another class in the same day, you will need to cancel your reservation for your other class within the 2-hour cancellation window (10 hours for classes that start at or before 9am); if you do not cancel, you will be charged for class.
- We suggest that you remove yourself from the waitlist as soon as you know that you are unable to make it to the studio with up to an hour’s notice of being added into class. This will ensure you are not charged for a no-show and another student can take class.
- You must cancel prior to two hours before the start of class (10 hours for classes that start at or before 9am) to avoid a late fee.
- If you are a Bar Method Member, or use another unlimited package, you will be charged $10 if you cancel within the late cancel window and $20 if you are a no-show.
- If you use a class package, you will lose one class.
- If you are added to a class from the waitlist and not able to attend, you must cancel in accordance with the standard cancellation policy to avoid penalty.
- You may cancel online only. We do not accept email or phone cancellations.
- Policies subject to change.
CANCELING MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP & INFO
- We require a two (2) month minimum for membership. You must email 30 day written notice to [email protected] to cancel month to month membership.
- Monthly memberships cannot be pro-rated and cannot be refunded once processed.
- Policies subject to change.
- Membership perks are subject to change.
- Yearly membership cannot be cancelled or transferred, no exceptions.
- There are no freezes for yearly memberships.
- Membership payments are not pro-rated and non-refundable.
- Class packs are non-refundable, non-transferable.
- All class packs expire 6 months after purchase date unless otherwise noted.
- First-time students, please arrive 15 minutes early for a tour of the studio and to get settled in, as new students may not enter once the class has begun.
- Due to COVID Temporary Restrictions, latecomers will be unable to join the class. In-studio classes: the door will be locked at class start time.
- Any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]
- Due to COVID Temporary Restrictions, masks are required to enter and participate in class. We encourage you to bring a large towel as well.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that covers the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips.
ALOHA! Our studio is so special because of the people. We love how respectful and kind our members are. Here are some tips to contribute to the warmth of the studio.
- Please familiarize yourself with all of our policies.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not save your spot at the barre. We encourage you to switch it up and try various spots and allow others to do the same.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. If you are on call or have a pager you need for emergencies, you may bring your phone into the room with you.
- For your safety, please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor. Follow the class per our awesome teacher’s directions. Disruptive students may be asked to leave.
- The Bar Method is a wonderful workout for women throughout their entire pregnancy. Email [email protected] or ask the front desk to update your profile and please inform your teacher you are pregnant prior to class time.
- We have adopted several modifications for your safety and comfort that allow the exercises to be performed comfortably throughout the pregnancy. Our teachers will always take the time to go over these modifications with you and we are happy to email these modifications to you as well.
- No one under the age of 16 is permitted at The Bar Method Honolulu. This includes taking class and sitting in the waiting area. Although we love your Keiki, we cannot allow you to bring your children to the studio.
- They may not sit in the lobby while you take class. If you bring a child with you, we will have to ask you both to leave. Children at the age of 16 may attend class, but must have a signed parental permission form. Please email [email protected] to receive this form.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class. Due to COVID Temporary Restrictions, you will be placed on a 14 day suspension from the studio (at no charge).
- Our teachers are expertly trained to provide modifications for almost all situations. Just ask!
There is a small parking lot attached to our building, metered parking on South King Street and a parking garage off University Ave (Puck’s Alley). Please allow yourself 10-15 extra minutes to find parking. Please remove your car from the parking lot immediately after class unless you are visiting another business in the Bar Method building.
- All Club Bar Unlimited monthly members get one complimentary freeze per calendar year. The freeze must be a minimum of 15 days and a maximum of 2 months. If you would like to freeze more than once, you may do so at $1 per day your account is frozen.
- Yearly members are unable to freeze their accounts.
- Class Packs are unable to freeze their accounts.
- New Client Specials are unable to freeze their accounts.
- To set up your freeze, email [email protected] and provide a start and end date to your freeze.
- Membership perks such as freezes are subject to change.
- Class package sessions must be used within six months of purchase unless otherwise stated.
- All class purchases are non-transferable.
- All purchases are non-refundable.
- All Yearly memberships/packages are final sale and non-transferable.
- All retail items are final sale.
- All class purchases are non-transferable.
As of February 27th, 2021, the City and County of Honolulu is in Tier 3 of the reopening process in relation to COVID-19. To adhere to the Tier 3 guidelines, The Bar Method has limited capacity in the studio. To adhere to the Tier 3 guidelines, The Bar Method membership packages have been modified to allow specific access to classes as follows (*not all class types/membership options listed below may be offered at any given time):
- CBU: Facebook unlimited online streaming and in-studio classes.
- 10 Class Pack: in-studio classes.
- New Client Special: in-studio classes.
- Online Stream Weekly Auto-renew: Facebook unlimited online streaming.
- Single Class: in-studio classes.
These are recommended guidelines created by our membership base.
- No walk-ins at this time. All clients must sign up ahead of time on MindBody or Bar Method app. Latecomers will not be permitted to join class. The studio door is locked at the start of class. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Sign-ups available 10 days in advance
- Late-cancel / No Show applies
- Please email if you are sick and we will place you on a 14-day waiting period as per CDC guidelines
- Towels not required, but recommended!
- No loaner socks or clothes.
- We open the doors ten minutes before the start of class and close promptly 10 minutes after.
- We are not providing toiletries at this time including showers, coffee, deodorant, mints, hair ties, etc.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Updated WAIVER required. They should be completed online and will be required prior to signing up.
- Clients are responsible for sanitizing their stations after class. They may also sanitize before class if desired.
- Membership perks are subject to change.
FAQs: If you have a question, please email [email protected]
- Our teachers are expertly trained to ensure clients are in the safest, most effective form during class to change your body.
- You will be verbally throughout class to keep you mentally focused and your muscles engaged.
- Due to COVID Temporary Restritions, all hands on adjustments will be temporarily on hold. Our instructors will solely utilize verbal corrections.
Are you a monthly member at another Bar Method studio visiting the island? If so, email us a screenshot of your membership eligibility to [email protected] to receive a one time discount on our services.
Due to COVID Temporary Restrictions, we are asking all travelers to respect and honor any state imposed visitor quarantine. The State of Hawaii currently requires a 14 day quarantine or proof of negative COVID test. Thank you for your Kokua.
We look forward to introducing you to The Bar Method Honolulu ohana!
The Bar Method is not responsible for any lost or misplaced items. If you believe you’ve left an item at the studio, please check the Studio’s Lost & Found bin.
All items that remain in the Lost & Found bin are donated at the end of each month.
A successful workout program requires discipline, consistency and commitment. For the greatest, life changing results we recommend 3-5+ classes per week.
Our signature format, The Bar Method, is the best at changing your body, mind, and spirit. Our other class varieties like Bar Express and Bar Move are great when you’re craving extra cardio, or strength training, or are short on time. Our Bar Method classes don’t provide a “quick fix” or “instant results” but they are sustainable and are never the same. Every choreography move or teacher’s motiviation changes from class to class.
We promise you that you will feel the change and see a difference if you commit to yourself 3-5 times a week.