Lake Oswego, OR 97035
About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Lake Oswego is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The Bar Method Lake Oswego is located in the busy Lake Grove district and features two workout studios, a spa-like lounge and locker room, and a courtyard with outdoor seating. We are open 7 days a week with classes throughout the day. Free parking is available in our shared lot.
Services & Amenities
- Beauty Bar
- Free Parking
Sign Up Today
About the Owner
Beth Thomas started out as a client and then became a teacher at The Bar Method Portland. During that time, she worked as a retail executive for several large companies both in food service and big box retail. Her passion for The Bar Method turned from spark to flame and lead to her partnering up with Founding Owner, Denise Burchard, to open The Bar Method Lake Oswego in 2016. Beth assumed full ownership of the studio in 2017.
Reservations & Waitlist
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 30 days in advance.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification.
- Being bumped off the waitlist into class means you are IN CLASS and therefore responsible for cancelling your spot if your plans changed.
- If you get into class from the waitlist with more than 60 minutes prior to class start and do not show up or cancel your reservation, you will be charged.
- If you are moved off the waitlist less than 60 minutes before the start of class you will not be charged.
- If you get into class from the waitlist and are already scheduled for another class in the same day, you will need to cancel your reservation for your other class within the 2-hour cancellation window; if you do not cancel, you will be charged for class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online or on The Bar Method appto avoid being charged for a no-show. Early morning classes (6:00 AM) require cancellation 10 hours in advance to avoid a penalty. All other classes require cancellation 2 hours in advance.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your card on file will be charged $15.
- Switching Classes: If you would like to switch to a different time within 2 hours of your reservation, you may do so without incurring a fee under the following condition:
- Weekday Classes: If you would like to move to another class that same day AND the class you are LEAVING is NOT full, you can switch with no penalty providing that you call and speak with someone at the studio prior to the start of class.
- Weekend Classes: Please note ANY class switching within the 2 hours prior to class is subject to a fee.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 15 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to 10 minutes into a Mixed or Level 2 class. For Bar Express or Bar Move classes, returning students may enter no later than 5 minutes into class.
- Please note that your spot may be taken by another standby client if you are not at the studio when class begins.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed. Only water is allowed in the exercise studio.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings. If you are on call or have a pager you need for emergencies, you may leave it at the front desk and we will come get you out of class.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels are available in the hallway and bath towels are available in the shower area. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- We have adopted several modifications that allow the exercises to be performed comfortably and safely throughout the pregnancy.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 14 years of age.
- Clients between 14-18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Clients with a heart condition, epilepsy, lupus, or severe sciatica, must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor the first visit allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
Club Bar members are allowed to freeze their memberships. Written requests must be sent to [email protected] 7-days prior to the freeze start date. A fee of $1 per day is charged up front for the duration of the freeze. Freezes must be a minimum of 15 consecutive days.
Class package sessions must be used within 6 months of purchase.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- Retail items may be returned within 24 hours of purchase, unworn, with tags still on.