About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Lake Oswego is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The Bar Method Lake Oswego is located in the busy Lake Grove district and features two workout studios, and a spa-like lounge and locker room. We adhere to CDC sanitation guidelines and maintain social distancing standards within class. We are open 7 days a week with classes throughout the day, in-studio and online. Free parking is available in our shared lot.
Which package works best for you?
Club Bar Unlimited
Unlimited classes per month
$175 per month.
First month only $89*
- Most popular
- Best value, most perks
Our most popular membership allows you to feel and look your best with unlimited monthly classes. Enjoy the most perks, the most classes and build your barre community! Be prepared for transformation of your mind, body & spirit.
* Renews monthly. First month discount for new students only.
Club Bar 8
8 classes per month
$145 per month*
- Consistent access
- Balance your schedule with variety
We understand you have a busy schedule. Whether it's work, kids, travel, or cross-training, our Club Bar 8 gives you consistent access to classes so you can ALWAYS get your barre fix!
* Renews monthly
$240 per pack*
- Use at your leisure
- Pay as you go
Whenever your schedule permits, come and delight your body, mind, and spirit with one of our invigorating classes! This package is perfect for those who require utmost flexibility. Or, for those who simply prefer to pay as they go!
* Good for 6 months
Beth Hutchison has been teaching The Bar Method since 2013. She is a wife, lululemon ambassador, Portland Gear ambassador, dog mom, and is passionate about helping people become the best version of themselves.
She describes each of her classes as a celebration. "Every class I teach is its own party. I love cheering on the small victories that lead to big accomplishments. Don’t get me wrong—I am a stickler for form & for giving me your maximum effort—but with a smile. If it’s not fun, it’s not worth doing!"
Connect with The Bar Method Lake Oswego
Be the first to hear about promos, events, studio updates, and other news!
Reservations & Waitlist
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 14 days in advance.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification.
- Being bumped off the waitlist into class means you are IN CLASS and therefore responsible for cancelling your spot if your plans changed.
- If you get into class from the waitlist with more than 2 hours prior to class start and do not show up or cancel your reservation, you will be charged.
- If you are moved off the waitlist less than 2 hours before the start of class you will not be charged.
- If you get into class from the waitlist and are already scheduled for another class in the same day, you will need to cancel your reservation for your other class within the appropriate cancellation window; if you do not cancel, you will be charged a penalty for the unattended class. We are unable to accommodate switching classes past the cancellation window.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online or on The Bar Method app to avoid being charged for a no-show. All 6 am, 7:15 am, and all weekend classes require cancellation by 8pm the night before to avoid a late cancel or no-show charge or a lost class. All other classes require cancellation 2 hours in advance.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your card on file will be charged $17 for Late Cancels & $20 for No-Shows.
- Switching Classes: If you would like to switch to a different time past the cutoff window of your reservation, you may do so without incurring a fee under the following condition:
- Weekday Classes: If you would like to move to another class that same day AND the class you are LEAVING is NOT full, you can switch with no penalty providing that you call and speak with someone at the studio prior to the start of class.
- Weekend Classes: Please note ANY class switching past the cutoff window prior to class is subject to a fee.
- Waitlisted Classes: Any late cancel or no-show to a waitlisted class will result in an automatic penalty of $17 for Late Cancels & $20 for No-Shows (Unlimited Members), or the loss of 1 class (Class Packs). Membership quarterly freebies will NOT apply in this instance.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 15 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to 10 minutes into a Bar Method 55 or Bar Advanced class. For Bar Method Express or Bar Move Express classes, returning students may enter no later than 5 minutes into class.
- Please note that your spot may be taken by another standby client if you are not at the studio when class begins.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), and socks that cover the entire foot (including toes).
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed. Only water is allowed in the exercise studio.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings. If you are on call or have a pager you need for emergencies, you may leave it at the front desk and we will come get you out of class.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels are available in the hallway and bath towels are available in the shower area. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- We have adopted several modifications that allow the exercises to be performed comfortably and safely throughout the pregnancy.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 14 years of age.
- Clients between 14-18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Clients who have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 will be asked to return home.
- Clients with a heart condition, epilepsy, lupus, or severe sciatica, must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor the first visit allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
Club Bar members are allowed to freeze their memberships. Written requests must be sent to [email protected] 7 days prior to the freeze start date. A fee of $1 per day is charged up front for the duration of the freeze. Freezes must be a minimum of 15 consecutive days.
Class package sessions expire 6 months from purchase.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- Retail items may be returned within 24 hours of purchase, unworn, with tags still on.