NEW CLIENT SPECIAL -- $60 off your 1st Month!
The BEST in BARRE is BACK! - Starting May 1st
(Re)Start your wellness journey with our most popular deal - Club Bar ✨
New Clients - Get $60 off your first month!
Unlimited in-studio classes, virtual zoom, private IG access, VIP waitlist bump up, plus more!
About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Long Beach is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The Bar Method Long Beach features rich wood floors, a spa-like locker room with showers (temporarily closed), retail and a community area where clients like to mingle. Refresh your body and mind with our naturally-enhanced alkaline water for optimum hydration. We are open 6 days a week with classes throughout the day. Relish in the fact there is free and ample parking year round!
Joanna West discovered The Bar Method in 2008 while living in L.A. and working in neurophysiology. Since opening the studio in 2011, Jo wholeheartedly believes that your health is the most important investment! With Bar Method, you can have it all. Mentally, you gain mindfulness to keep a clear head. Physically, you gain flexibility, poise, and grit to overcome life’s daily challenges. She feels so lucky to be able to share this lifestyle workout with her community while enjoying Long Beach with her husband, Brian, and two little boys, Alexander and Will.
Connect with The Bar Method Long Beach
Be the first to hear about promos, events, studio updates, and other news!
Please review if you are a California resident. For information regarding the categories of personal information please visit The Bar Method's Privacy Notice for California residents here.
- Due to limited class sizes, a reservation is REQUIRED and no walk-ins are allowed at this time. Please book online or thru The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- All classes will say “waitlist” so please add yourself to which times work best for your schedule. Currently, evening classes have more availability. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please call the studio before class or sign up for text message notifications to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio to avoid being charged for a no-show. All classes require cancellation 4 hours in advance.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, you will incur a $15 cancellation fee.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Bar Express has a 5 min cut off for late entry.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students must bring their own LARGE, CLEAN towel and socks from home. Grippy socks are recommended. Specialized Bar Method versions are both available for purchase at the studio.
- Please only bring water into the exercise studio. We have bottled water available for purchase, but better yet, a filtered water cooler to fill your own reusable water bottle.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Cubbies are available and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- It is strongly encouraged that all pregnant clients take at least one pre-natal class before taking a standard class. We also recommend that pregnant clients avoid Level 2 and Bar Move classes.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
Club Bar members are allowed to freeze their memberships free of charge twice per year for up to 2 weeks. A fee of $25 is required each time you freeze your membership thereafter.
Class package sessions must be used within 6 months of purchase.
- All sales on Bar Method classes and retail are FINAL.