About the studio
The Bar Method Marlboro is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The Bar Method Marlboro is conveniently located right off Rte 520, and less than a mile away from the area's shopping hub, Rte 9. It features two workout studios, a childcare room, spa-like locker room with showers, and spacious coffee bar and lounge area. We are open 7 days a week with classes in the mornings, evenings and weekends.
Services & Amenities
- Beauty Bar
- Free Parking
- Traveling Program
- Waiting Area
Which package works best for you?
Club Bar Unlimited
- Look and feel your best with unlimited monthly classes
- Enjoy the most perks and build your barre community
- First month only $99*
Club Bar 5
- Consistent access so you can always get your barre fix
- Balance your schedule with variety
- Transform your mind, body and spirit
- Perfect for those who need the utmost flexibility
- Attend classes as your schedule permits
- Pay as you go pricing
About the owners
Nicole Baldino’s Bar Method journey began at the Summit studio where she took her first class in 2010. After that class, she knew that The Bar Method would be her lifelong sole workout and that she would eventually own a studio. Nicole loves how the workout not only changes the shape of your body, but improves posture, increases flexibility and makes you stronger. She is excited to help others feel a newfound sense of strength and poise.
Michele Principato fell in love with The Bar Method in 2010 and quickly decided to go through instructor training. She also knew that she would own a studio one day. Michele loves teaching and sharing her passion for The Bar Method because the positive difference it makes in the lives of others and it creates a supportive community like nothing else!
Download the App Today!
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. Please reply to the notification immediately whether you can attend or not. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until you confirm.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please call the studio before class or sign up for text message notifications to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio to avoid being charged for a no-show. All classes require cancellation within 2 hour in advance.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $10.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels are available in our locker room, and bath towels are available in the shower area. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- It is strongly encouraged that all pregnant clients take at least one pre-natal class before taking a standard class.
- Pregnant students can opt to take the first half of the class (which focuses on the arms and legs) for half price.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
- Mothers who bring children under age 9 must ensure they are in the childcare room during class. Children are not allowed to play or climb on the stall bars and other exercise equipment.
- You can make reservations for childcare either by phone, or in person, up to 7 days in advance. When reserving by phone, please indicate your name, the time of the class you plan to attend, along with the name and age of your child.
- Childcare costs $6 per child and is available during all morning classes Monday-Friday.
We offer complimentary parking in both the front and back of our studio. Members may access front and back door to enter the studio.
Club Bar members are allowed to freeze their memberships twice per year for up to 2 weeks. Additionally, members have the option to freeze for a fee of $2 a day.
Class package sessions must be used within 6 months of purchase.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- Retail items may be returned within 24 hours of purchase, unworn, with tags still on.