Exclusive Offer 50% Off One Month Of Unlimited Classes
About the studio
The Bar Method Montclair is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The Bar Method Montclair provides the most effective barre workout. Our studio resides in the heart of downtown Montclair. The space features 14-foot ceilings with a vibe similar to that of a NYC industrial loft. Along with a large workout studio, we provide a comfortable lounge area and coffee bar, a full locker room, and beauty bar. Towel service is provided and metered parking is available.
Services & Amenities
- Beauty Bar
- Waiting Area
Which package works best for you?
Club Bar Unlimited
- Look and feel your best with unlimited monthly classes
- Enjoy the most perks and build your barre community
- First month only $149*
Club Bar 5
- Consistent access so you can always get your barre fix
- Balance your schedule with variety
- Transform your mind, body and spirit
- Perfect for those who need the utmost flexibility
- Attend classes as your schedule permits
- Pay as you go pricing
About the owner
Jenna Smith’s Bar Method love began in 2010. As a lifelong athlete and avid tennis player, fitness has always been an important part of her life. Jenna wanted to add another form of exercise to her routine and regain strength and confidence. After her first Bar Method class, she was hooked! Jenna joined the Bar Method brand in 2016. She created and operated the childcare “playroom” in the Summit, NJ studio, was part of the desk staff and worked on various marketing, community outreach and in-studio projects. In 2017, Jenna joined the Montclair team as the Studio Manager, and was certified as a teacher in February 2019. Shortly thereafter, Jenna started her next chapter as Studio Owner.
- We recommend that you pre-register for class. Classes can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or through The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. However, we are now accepting walk-ins.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. Please reply to the notification immediately whether you can attend or not. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until you confirm.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please call the studio before class or sign up for text message notifications to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio to avoid being charged for a no-show. All classes require cancellation 12 hours in advance.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $15 for a late cancel and $25 for a no-show.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- Stop by the front desk to receive our pregnancy guidelines.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
We do not have dedicated parking for the studio. There is metered parking in the covered parking garage behind the studio as well as the surrounding streets.
10 class packs expire in 3 months. 20 and 30 class packs expire in 6 months.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- Full price retail items may be returned for studio CREDIT within 7 days of purchase, unworn, with tags still on.
- Sale items are FINAL SALE. No returns or exchanges.