About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Newport Beach is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
We are located in the Crystal Cove Shopping Center. Turn on to Crystal Heights from PCH, turn into the center, and make your first right. There is ample complementary parking right outside of the studio, with a view of the sparkling Pacific Ocean.
Services & Amenities
- Free Parking
- Waiting Area
Sign Up Today
Anika Yeager was introduced to The Bar Method by her mother in 2010 while attending graduate school for design. She was looking for a new workout regimen that would resemble what she missed most about dance and figure skating. She loved the structure and thoughtfulness and saw an incomparable elegance and poise in the instructors, staff, and studio. Anika’s dream of becoming an instructor became a reality in 2013 and a year later she became an owner. When she’s not at the studio you’ll find her at a live concert with close friends or hanging out with her adorable Italian Greyhound, Idgie.
Jessica Rennison walked by a Bar Method studio countless times before finally taking her first class in October 2006. After just a week of classes, she felt sore but strong and absolutely hooked on The Bar Method! After teaching in the flagship studio in San Francisco - Marina, Jessica partnered with Whitney Bania to open the Newport Beach studio in 2009. The Bar Method has been a huge blessing in her life and the Bar community is the most supportive one could ask for.
Always on the move and looking for the next challenge, Whitney Bania discovered The Bar Method in 2006 while living in San Francisco and was struck by its rare combination of intensity and calmness. Whitney and Jessica met during instructor training and they brought The Bar Method to Orange County in 2009. Whitney credits her swift deliveries of two healthy babies in two years to the strength and focus she gained from her regular Bar Method classes!
Connect with The Bar Method Newport Beach
Be the first to hear about promos, events, studio updates, and other news!
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. Please reply to the notification immediately whether you can attend or not. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until you confirm.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to five minutes after the start of class. If you do not arrive within five minutes after the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or email the studio to avoid being charged for a no-show. All classes that begin after require cancellation 1 hour in advance.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $15 for a late-cancel and $24 for a no-show.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide hand towels and shower towels without charge.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- Pregnant students can opt to take the first half of the class (which focuses on the arms and legs) for half price.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
We do not have dedicated parking for the studio. There are a few meters located on Fillmore right outside the studio. There is also 2 hour parking located all throughout the Marina. You can find this by heading north on Fillmore. There is a lot at Ft. Mason where Fillmore dead ends.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final once the package has been activated. Refunds are only given within 7 days of purchase and on unused packages.
- Retail items may be returned within 24 hours of purchase, unworn, with tags still on.