Exclusive Offer 50% Off One Month Of Unlimited Classes
About the studio
The Bar Method San Francisco - Downtown is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The Bar Method San Francisco - Downtown is located in the heart of the financial district and features two workout studios, a spacious lobby, back lounge area, and fully stocked women's and men's locker rooms. We are open 7 days a week with classes throughout the day. We validate parking in any of the Embarcadero Center garages.
Services & Amenities
- Discounted Parking
- Traveling Program
- Waiting Area
Which package works best for you?
Club Bar Unlimited
- Look and feel your best with unlimited monthly classes
- Enjoy the most perks and build your barre community
- First month only $99*
Club Bar 5
- Consistent access so you can always get your barre fix
- Balance your schedule with variety
- Transform your mind, body and spirit
- Perfect for those who need the utmost flexibility
- Attend classes as your schedule permits
- Pay as you go pricing
About the owner
Amanda Ackley’s journey with The Bar Method started in October 2012 when she first became a client at the Downtown SF studio. Her passion for The Bar Method continued to grow, leading her to transition from a career in financial wealth management to owning the Downtown SF studio. Even though the safe and effective workout plays a huge role in her enthusiasm for The Bar Method, what she loves the most is the inspiring, warm, and supportive community. She holds a Bachelor’s in Finance and a Master’s in Business Administration, both from the University of Central Florida. When she's not at the studio you'll find her seeking outdoor adventures with her husband, Benn, and bernedoodle, Koda.
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or with The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 14 days in advance.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive an email notification. Please reply to the notification immediately whether you can attend or not. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until you confirm.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk.
- All clients are limited to attend one in studio class per day, though there is no restriction on our livestream classes.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio to avoid being charged for a no-show. All classes require cancellation 12 hours in advance to avoid a penalty.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using an unlimited membership package, your account will be charged $20 for a late cancel and $25 for a no show.
- PLEASE NOTE: While we are re-building our in-studio classes during this pandemic, late arrivals will not be permitted. The studio door will be locked once class starts. Please arrive with plenty of time before class starts.
- We highly recommend first time clients to arrrive at least 10 minutes early.
- SHOES OFF SOCKS ON: Shoes, bare feet, and toe-less socks are not permitted in the studio. Socks that cover your entire foot are required. Grippy socks are strongly suggested as they hlep you maintain stability in class.
- Client may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method grippy socks at the studio.
- DRESS FOR SUCCESS: We strongly suggest pants that go below the knee and no midriffs, though it is not required.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels are available in both locker rooms. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out. **TOWEL SERVICE IS CURRENTLY SUSPENDED FOR THE PANDEMIC**
- Disruptive clients may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow clients and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- It is strongly encouraged that all pregnant clients take at least one pre-natal class before taking a standard class. We also recommend that pregnant clients avoid Advanced and Bar Move classes.
- Pregnant students can opt to take the first half of the class (which focuses on the arms and legs) for half price.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
Parking validations are provided for any of the Embacadero Center garages, though we recommend parking in the Three Embarcadero Center garage since that is the building we are located. Your validation ticket will provide you these rates:
Club Bar members are allowed to freeze their memberships twice per year for up to 90 days. A fee of $20 per month is required each time you freeze your membership.
Class package sessions must be used within their designated time frame and cannot be placed on a freeze or extension. They are nontransferable or refundable.
- 3 class trail package: valid for 2 weeks from the first class
- 5 class package & 5 livestream class package: valid for 6 months from date of purchase
- 10 class package: valid for 12 months from date of purchase
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- Retail items may be returned for an account credit within 14 days of purchase, unworn, with tags still on.
MEMBERSHIP CANCELLATION POLICY: As indicated on the Club Bar Agreement when signing up, you understand and agree that the Agreement is a month-to-month Agreement (monthly membership). Except as otherwise noted, this agreement will remain active unless you cancel it by giving notice via email to [email protected] prior to your next billing date. Your request to cancel must be given with 30 days notice; if you have a scheduled billing date less than 30 days after you’ve given notice to cancel, you will be charged for one additional month before your cancellation is complete. By signing up you are agreeing to at least two months of Club Bar.
The Bar Method Downtown SF reserves the right to cancel your membership at any time.
Please note: you may not cancel your membership while your account is frozen; any cancellation while your account is frozen will be considered as 30 days notice from your return date.