Exclusive Offer 50% Off One Month Of Unlimited Classes
The Bar Method Seattle - Phinney Ridge
Seattle, WA 98103
[email protected] 206-784-5100
30 Days Of Unlimited In-Studio Barre Classes for $99
Experience a workout shaped by science and proven with results.
About the studio
The Bar Method Seattle - Phinney Ridge is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
- Beauty Bar
- Traveling Program
- Waiting Area
About the owners
Born and raised in New York, Kat started her career in the fashion industry then spent seven years working in private equity. Kat discovered The Bar Method in Boston in 2013 and has been an instructor since 2014. The combination of movement to music that is incorporated in every Bar Method class had Kat hooked. The workout not only delivered transformative physical results, but the internal strength and empowerment she gained inspired her to pursue opening a studio.
Born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, Mari worked in communications and consulting for over a decade before becoming a studio owner. She is also a benefit auctioneer and model. Mari fell in love with The Bar Method in Portland, Oregon in 2011 and has been an instructor since 2016. Like so many, Mari was drawn to the unparalleled workout you get at The Bar Method and to the community it brings together.
No Bar Method Locations In Your Area?Learn more about the opportunity to own your own Bar Method studio.
Get to know us betterGet technique tips, success stories, inspiration and more.
- Reservations are required for class and can be made up to 14 days in advance.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist.
- Waitlists are cleared in order of client registration: the first person to add themselves to the waitlist will be the first person added to class if a spot becomes available.
- You may be automatically added to a class from a waitlist up to one hour prior to its start. If you are added you will receive an email. At this time we do not have the ability to text you if you’re added to class from a waitlist.
- If you are signed up for class (not on the waitlist) and you are late and someone from the waitlist is present, your reservation will be honored for up to 5 minutes after the start of class (or until heel lifts begin, whichever is sooner – see Late Arrivals to Class below for more details). At that time your reservation will be given away and considered a Late Cancellation.
- Please remove yourself from any waitlists if you are no longer able to attend.
- You may Early Cancel (no penalty) reservations 8 hours before all weekend classes and weekday classes before 9am, and 3 hours before weekday classes after 9am.
- If you cancel a reservation after the Early Cancel windows listed above:
- Club Bar Unlimited members: There is a $10 +tax Late Cancel and No Show Fee that will automatically be charged to your card on file within 24 hours of missing or late canceling a class. Late Cancel Fee is subject to change without prior notification.
- Club Bar 4, Club Bar 8, Class Packs, and Drop-ins: All Late Cancels or No Shows will be deducted from your package and counted as a session used.
- Club Bar Unlimited Members get three free late cancellations per year! If you are a Club Bar Unlimited member and would like to use one of your free cancellations:
- Requests must be sent via email to ([email protected]) before the start of class and won’t be accepted over the phone.
- D0 not remove yourself from the class and accept the fee if planning to use one of your free late cancellations.
- You will not be refunded if you cancel and accept the charge instead of requesting to be removed without charge.
- All class formats begin with participants in the center of the room. Once the class moves to the barre it is too late for you to enter. The only exception to this rule is if the class is still actively performing Heel Lifts, if this is the case you may enter with instructor and front desk permission
- Heel Lifts occur at different times in class depending on format and instructor discretion. They may occur as early as 3 minutes after the start of class, and as late as fifteen 15 minutes after the start of class, or anytime between.
- If a class is waitlisted, reservations will be honored only up to 5 minutes after the start of class (or until Heel Lifts begin, whichever is sooner). At that time your reservation will be given away and considered a Late Cancellation.
- Socks that cover your toes are required in the studio.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees, or wear compression shorts under above-knee shorts — this will keep you covered in all the right places when you bring your leg on top of the barre.
- Only capped clear liquids are allowed in the studio room.
- Cell phones are not allowed in the studio. Lockers with keyless locks are provided to keep all of your belongings safe and secure.
- Please do not chew gum in the studio room.
- Socks that cover your toes are required.
- We provide hand and bath towels without charge. Please leave your towel in a hamper on your way out.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take class.
- As soon as you know you are pregnant do not twist, perform the splits, lay on your stomach, or hang from the stall barre.
- Additional modifications are required after 20 weeks.
- Your instructor will provide modifications to ensure your safety throughout class, please arrive early to class to go over modifications.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of conditions that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required.
- For many minor injuries, the low impact strengthening of Bar Method classes can help with recovery. Your instructor will provide all modifications necessary to keep you safe and in good form.
- If you’re not feeling well, please stay home.
- We do not have dedicated parking. Free 2-hour and parking is often available on Greenwood Ave and along the neighboring side streets. Please do not park at the Phinney Center or in the Red Mill and Ridgewood Bottle & Tap parking lots, your car may be towed at your expense.
- Club Bar Unlimited, Club Bar 8, and Club Bar 4 members are allowed to freeze their memberships for free one (1) time per year for up to sixty (60) days at a time, or two (2) times per year for up to thirty (30) days.
- To freeze or cancel your membership you must provide the studio with written notice ([email protected]) at least thirty (30) days before your next charge date.
- Freezes end automatically and your card on file will be charged for your membership at the end of the freeze.
- All class packages expire one year from purchase date unless otherwise stated at time of purchase.
- All sales on Bar Method classes and memberships are final. No refunds.
- Retail items may be returned or exchanged within 7 days of purchase, unworn, in new condition, with tags still on.