Vancouver - Yaletown
Vancouver, BC V6B 2M6
Don't miss out!
After a period of careful consideration for the health of our community, and the community at large, we have decided to close the studio for a minimum of two weeks (or until otherwise advised) starting Monday, March 16th.
About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Vancouver - Yaletown is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The Bar Method Vancouver is conveniently located at the edge of Yaletown close to BC Place. We have two spacious exercise studios with an abundance of natural light and spa-like locker rooms. We are open 7 days a week with classes throughout the day.
Connect with The Bar Method Vancouver - Yaletown
Be the first to hear about promos, events, studio updates, and other news!
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or via The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If the class time that you would like to attend is fully booked you will have the option to put yourself on a waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class you will be notified via email and/or text message no later than one hour before the class is scheduled to begin. Being moved from the waitlist into class means you are in the class and regular cancellation policy applies; you are responsible for confirming or cancelling your spot once you have received this notification. BE ADVISED: If you are already scheduled in a class you will NOT be moved into a second class from a waitlist on the same day. Book for your preferred class first.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule a class you can do so using online booking, your mobile app, or you can call or email the studio. We encourage you to cancel your spot in class or on a waitlist as far in advance as possible in order to give fellow Bar Method attendees adequate notice to make it to class from a waitlist position. Failing to attend or cancel a scheduled class within the designated cancellation windows will result in a $15 “Late Cancel” charge.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $15.
- MORNING CANCELLATION POLICY: The 5:45 am, 6 am, 7 am, 7:15 am, 7:30 am & 8:15 am class times require a 10 Hour Cancellation Notice.
- WEEKEND CANCELLATION POLICY: All Saturday & Sunday class times require a 4 Hour Cancellation Notice.
- HOLIDAY CANCELLATION POLICY: Classes scheduled on holiday days require a 10 Hour Cancellation Notice. Please note, the next holidays are Good Friday, April 14th and Easter Monday, April 17th, 2017.
- FOR OTHER CLASS TIMES OUR POLICY REMAINS:Late Cancel / No Show Policy: If you do not show up for your class or if you cancel less than 1 hour before class, it will result in the deduction of 1 class from your class package or a $15 charge to your credit card if you are on an unlimited monthly package.
- First time students to the studio must be at least 15 minutes early for their very first class. WITHOUT EXCEPTION, if you are not at least 15 minutes early, you will not be allowed to attend class for safety reasons.
- First time students include visiting Bar Method members from another city.
- Returning students may enter “Bar Method”, “Express”, “Basics” and “Advanced” up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Returning students may enter “Move” up to, but not after, 5 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees , a top that covers the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- If you prefer sports bra-style tops, be sure to add a cover layer.
- Men, if your shorts don’t reach your knees be sure to layer with a compression tight.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Our dress code policy ensures your comfort and that of our instructors while giving hands-on adjustments. The safety and hygiene of our studios are of utmost importance!
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Only clear liquids in a capped water bottle are allowed and encouraged.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels are available to bring into class, and bath towels are available in the shower area. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Please refrain from wearing strong fragrances & lotions to class. Some clients are allergic and may experience nausea and migraines when exposed.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- The Bar Method allows pregnant clients to continue taking class. We have adopted several modifications that allow the exercises to be performed comfortably throughout the pregnancy.
- Clients may participate with doctor’s permission (Please provide Doctor’s note).
- Pregnant clients may take the first half of class for half price (focus is on arms and legs).
- Please inform your teacher you are pregnant so appropriate modifications may be given.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age. (We are often asked why this is the case? The simple answer is isometric stretching is not recommended for children whose bones are still growing.)
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
- We love your furry friends, but a waiver is required.
- You must call in advance to request to bring your dog to the studio.
- Be prepared to hear “not today”! Not everyone is comfortable with dogs, and we will prioritize the comfort of our members and our staff.
- Dogs must be kept in a dog carrier, or crate while you take class.
- If your dog does not stay quiet, you may be asked to leave class and attend to your pet.
- We reserve the right to refuse pet care to any pet.
We provide the opportunity to “freeze” or “suspend” exclusively for Auto Renew Members:
- A maximum of 3 times per calendar year.
- Each suspension request must be between a minimum of 10 days and a maximum of 30 days per suspension.
- All suspensions require a suspension form and a confirmation suspension receipt to be sent to you.
- There are no retroactive suspensions.
STEPS TO SUBMIT A SUSPENSION
*SPECIAL STUDIO CLOSURE SUSPENSION FORM*
Class package sessions must be used within 6 months of purchase.
- All Bar Method classes and packages cannot be refunded, returned, exchanged or transferred. Please make note of service expiration dates- if you purchased a class pack or series, please note the expiration date.
- Returns/exchanges may be made on retail product within 14 days of original transaction, provided they are unworn and in original condition, with all tags attached.
- SALE items are final sale.
Unless otherwise noted on your membership agreement, we require 30 days notice in writing to terminate an auto recurring membership:
I understand and agree that this Agreement is a month-to-month and this agreement will remain active unless I cancel it by giving 30 days written/email notice to The Bar Method Vancouver/West Vancouver prior to my next billing date.
30 Day Termination Notice Example: In order for the membership to end the following month, The Bar Method has to receive the notice before the date your payment is normally paid. For example, if payment is due on the first day of the month of April, a termination notice given on March 15 would not take effect until April 15th, in which case the April payment would still be due.
STEPS TO SUBMIT A TERMINATION
- A written request is required, and the date we receive the request is considered as the official request date. Verbal requests or conversations about your desire to terminate at the desk or by telephone are not considered official requests.
- EMAIL your request to terminate your membership. We always appreciate if you can provide us some reason, as it helps us do a better job to serve our members in the future.
- A receipt will be generated to confirm termination. A termination is not official until you receive this confirmation receipt.