Don't miss out!
New to The Bar Method? For just $45, take 30 days of unlimited classes! If you love the results, you'll be invited to continue taking classes at a discount for a limited time. This is your chance to make the changes you've been looking for in a community that can't be beat. *new clients only
About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Walnut Creek is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The Bar Method Walnut Creek was opened in January 2006 by studio owners Audrey Mao and Chelsea Glavinovich McClure. It was the 5th studio location in the company. The studio has two workout rooms, a locker room, and spacious childcare. Clients of the Walnut Creek studio are invited to share membership with their sister studio in Oakland.
Services & Amenities
- Free Parking
- Waiting Area
Sign Up Today
Audrey discovered The Bar Method in 2004 while living in San Francisco and immediately knew this was a special offering that people would love. After meeting Chelsea, the two decided to partner up and open a location in the East Bay. After years of growing their team and meeting countless clients, Audrey has found that the most rewarding thing about The Bar Method has been to encompass not just an incredible workout that allows people to feel empowered, but also a strong community where staff and clients feel truly at home and have found friendships that will last a lifetime.
Chelsea Glavinovich McClure discovered The Bar Method in 2003 while trying a competitor's classes. A self proclaimed fitness junkie who "tried it all," she was immediately blown away by the quality of instruction and effectiveness of the workout. Studio ownership has allowed Chelsea to marry her passion for details and boundless energy with her love of fitness, while meeting hundreds of incredible people along the way.
Connect with The Bar Method Walnut Creek
Be the first to hear about promos, events, studio updates, and other news!
Please review if you are a California resident. For information regarding the categories of personal information please visit The Bar Method's Privacy Notice for California residents here.
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. If you can no longer attend class, it is up to you to cancel your reservation.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please call the studio before class or sign up for text message notifications to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio to avoid being charged for a no-show. Early morning classes (6:00, 6:30, and 7:00 AM) require cancellation 10 hours in advance to avoid a penalty. All classes that begin after 7 AM require cancellation 45 min in advance.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $10.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels are available outside of Studio A, and bath towels are available in the shower area. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- It is strongly encouraged that all pregnant clients take at least one pre-natal class before taking a standard class. We also recommend that pregnant clients avoid Level 2 and Bar Move classes.
- Pregnant students can opt to take the first half of the class (which focuses on the arms and legs) for half price.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
- Mothers who bring children under age 9 must ensure they are in the childcare room during class. Children are not allowed to play or climb on the stall bars and other exercise equipment.
- You can make reservations for childcare either by phone, or in person, up to 1 day in advance. When reserving by phone, please indicate your name, the time of the class you plan to attend, along with the name and age of your child.
- Childcare costs $8 per child ($6 for members) and is available 7 days per week. Please see our schedule for more information on childcare availability.
We love your furry friends but they are not allowed in our studio.
There is free parking in the adjacent parking lot.
Club Bar Unlimited members are allowed two complimentary membership pauses for up to 6 weeks. Additional pauses are $25 each.
Class package sessions must be used within 6 months of purchase.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- Retail items may be returned within 24 hours of purchase, unworn, with tags still on.