$75 For Your First Month of Unlimited Classes
Try the best in barre. One month of unlimited in studio and virtual classes for $75.
About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Chicago - Gold Coast is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The Bar Method Gold Coast is a warm, welcoming barre fitness community that caters to people of all fitness levels, ages and abilities. Our variety of classes offered every day in studio and virtually by our expert instructors coupled with our top-notch customer care are what truly sets us apart from other boutique barre fitness studios in Chicago.
Sign Up Today
Emily spent over 20 years working in the corporate world but it's her love of dance that brought her to barre fitness. After trying several studios in Chicago, a co-worker recommended trying The Bar Method and she instantly found her community. She became so inspired by the technique, focus on form and the physical and mental clarity she gained that she decided to become a Bar Method instructor.
In 2018, she was given the amazing opportunity to own the Bar Method Gold Coast studio. She is so honored to be a part of this thriving Chicago barre fitness community and bring the power of this transformational workout to new clients.
Connect with The Bar Method Chicago - Gold Coast
Be the first to hear about promos, events, studio updates, and other news!
- Reservations are REQUIRED. Per City of Chicago mandates, we cannot accommodate walk ins. Book your class online or The Bar Method app in order to hold your spot in class. Class sizes are limited to 10 students or less until further notice. You can hold a spot up to 30 minutes prior in the app or you can call the studio.
- Clients must accept the online waiver in the Bar Method app or by logging in to the Bar Method Gold Coast website before arriving to the studio.
- Classes fill up, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. If you move into the class off the waitlist, you are in the class and all late cancel/no show policies apply. If you can no longer attend the class, remove yourself from the waitlist or cancel more than 2 hours in advance. If you are already registered for a class, you will not move off the waitlist into another class.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio. Classes before 8am must be cancelled 10 hours in advance. All other classes must be cancelled 2 hours before the class to avoid being charged a late cancel/no-show fee.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, you will be charged $10 for a late cancel and $20 for a no show.
- NO LATE ARRIVALS. Please arrive up to 10 minutes prior.
- First time students must agree to the online waiver before arriving for class. Entry into the studio is permitted 10 minutes prior to start of class.
- You must wear a face covering upon entering the 1 E. Delaware lobby. Face coverings must remain on the entire time, even during physical activity.
- Please arrive dressed for class. Lockers and showers are unavailable for the foreseeable future.
- Bring a large towel or a yoga mat with you. We have towels for purchase at the studio.
- Students must wear socks that cover the entire foot before entering the studio. Toe-less socks are not permitted.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please bring your own water bottle.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed. Only water is allowed in the studio to protect the carpet and equipment.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio.
- Chewing gum is not allowed in the studio.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be courtesy and respectful of fellow students and your instructor and the staff.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients aged 13 – 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- If you are coughing, feverish, showing any symptoms of COVID-19 or suspect you may have come in contact with someone who is infected, please stay home until you are symptom free for 14 days.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- Please discuss any injuries or physical limitations with your instructor before class and they may give you modifications for certain exercises.
Located in the Chicago Gold Coast at the southeast corner of State & Delaware on the 2nd floor of the 1 E. Delaware Place tower. We are a short walk to the Magnificent Mile shopping district, Northwestern and Loyola Universities.
The Red Line is two blocks south at Chicago Ave & State Street.
The 36 bus line on State Street stops right in front of the building next to Starbucks.
- We offer 4 hours of parking for $6 in the Public Parking garage (enter on the north side of Chestnut). Take a parking ticket when you arrive and purchase your parking inside the studio. We will give you a voucher to use when you exit.
- Club Bar Unlimited members are allowed to freeze their memberships twice per year for up to 14 days each time period. Non-Club Bar Unlimited Members can freeze their membership for up to 14 days for a fee of $25.
- All sales on Bar Method classes and services are final.
- All retail sales on merchandise are final.