Chicago - Gold Coast
Chicago, IL 60611
Don't miss out!
Commit to Fit with our Spring Promotion. 3 Unlimited Months for $300. Get summer ready for our lowest price of the year.
About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Chicago - Gold Coast is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
Located in the Chicago Gold Coast at the southeast corner of State & Delaware on the 2nd floor of the 1 E. Delaware Place. We are a short walk to the Magnificent Mile shopping district, Northwestern and Loyola Universities. We offer 4 hours of parking for just $5 by entering the garage on the north side of Chestnut Street. The Red Line is two blocks south at Chicago Ave & State Street.
Services & Amenities
- Beauty Bar
- Discounted Parking
- Waiting Area
Which package works best for you?
Our most popular membership allows you to feel and look your best with unlimited monthly classes. Enjoy the most perks, the most classes and build your barre community! Be prepared for transformation of your mind, body & spirit.
Club Bar Unlimited
Unlimited classes per month
$179 per month.
First month only $99*
- Most popular
- Best value, most perks
* Renews monthly. First month discount for new students only.
We understand you have a busy schedule. Whether it's work, kids, travel, or cross-training, our Club Bar 6 gives you consistent access to classes so you can ALWAYS get your barre fix!
Club Bar 6
6 classes per month
$110 per month*
- Consistent access
- Balance your schedule with variety
* Renews monthly
Whenever your schedule permits, come and delight your body, mind, and spirit with one of our invigorating classes! This package is perfect for those who require utmost flexibility. Or, for those who simply prefer to pay as they go!
$225 per pack*
- Use at your leisure
- Pay as you go
* Good for 3 months
Emily spent over 20 years working in the corporate world but it was her love of dance that brought her to barre fitness. After trying several studios and not getting the results she desired, a co-worker recommended trying The Bar Method. She was so inspired by the technique, focus on form and exceptional instructors that she left her successful career and became a Bar Method instructor. In 2018 it was only natural for her to purchase the Gold Coast studio. She is excited to revitalize the dedicated Bar Method Gold Coast community and bring the power of this transformational workout to new clients.
Connect with The Bar Method Chicago - Gold Coast
Be the first to hear about promos, events, studio updates, and other news!
- We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out.
- Classes fill up, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. If you move into the class off the waitlist, you are in the class and all late cancel/no show policies apply. If you can no longer attend the class, remove yourself from the waitlist or cancel more than 60 minutes in advance. If you are already registered for a class, you will not move off the waitlist into another class.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio at least 60 minutes before the class to avoid being charged for a no-show.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, you will be charged $20.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 5 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (men can wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed. Only water is allowed in the studio to protect the carpet and equipment.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings. If you have an important call you’re waiting for our desk staff can come get you from class if you leave your phone with them.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients aged 13 – 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- Please discuss any injuries or physical limitations with your instructor before class and they may give you modifications for certain exercises.
We offer 4 hours of parking for $5 in the 1 E. Delaware parking garage (enter on the north side of Chestnut). Take a parking ticket when you arrive and purchase your parking inside the studio. We will give you a voucher to use when you exit.
Club Bar Unlimited members are allowed to freeze their memberships twice per year for up to 14 days each time period. Non-Club Bar Unlimited Members can freeze their membership for up to 14 days for a fee of $25.
- All sales on Bar Method classes have a 7 day refund timeframe.
- Retail items may be returned within 24 hours of purchase, unworn, with tags still on.