About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Closter is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
Located in the newly renovated and bustling Closter Plaza, our luxurious studio features a large workout studio, lockers, showers, the Mini Bar (our babysitting service), as well as a spacious lounge and curated retail boutique. We are open 7 days a week with classes offered throughout the day. The mall offers plenty of free parking for your convenience.
Services & Amenities
- Beauty Bar
- Free Parking
- Waiting Area
Sign Up Today
Shirley Morris used to drive two hours round-trip from NYC just to get her fix at The Bar Method Summit studio. She happily ditched a hectic lifestyle selling Manhattan real estate to open the Englewood studio in 2010 and Closter in 2017. Shirley and her husband have three daughters. As a result, she has “eyes in the back of her head,” which she uses in class to keep students from falling out of form. What she loves best about the method is seeing bodies transform and lives change with this unique, safe, and effective exercise discipline. Her clients are her daily motivation and inspiration.
Connect with The Bar Method Closter
Be the first to hear about promos, events, studio updates, and other news!
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and are often sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. Please reply to the notification immediately whether you can attend or not. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until you confirm.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please call the studio before class or sign up for text message notifications to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio at least 2 hours before class to avoid being charged for a no-show. Early morning classes (6:00, 6:30, and 7:00 AM) require cancellation 12 hours in advance to avoid a penalty. All classes that begin after 8 AM require cancellation 2 hour in advance.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $10.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- First-time students who are pregnant must take at least 5 pre-natal exercise classes before joining the regular class (a dvd is available).
- It is strongly encouraged that all pregnant clients take at least one pre-natal class before taking a standard class. We also recommend that pregnant cents avoid Level 2 and Bar Move classes.
- Pregnant students can opt to take the first half of the class (which focuses on the arms and legs).
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- Just a cold? Please stay home, rest, and avoid spreading the virus to others.
We’re so happy that you are taking advantage of our Mini Bar while you shake it in class. Please read the following rules so that everything runs smoothly for you and your little Bar Star.
Mini Bar Rules:
- Use the mobile app or website to sign your child up ahead of time just like you would sign yourself up for class. (We have limited spots.)
- Use our side entrance as that is the designated “Mini Bar” entrance and exit. (There is a doorbell that you’ll press so we can buzz you in. You might have to put your sculpted muscles to use and pull on the door with a little extra force than usual once we buzz to let you in.)
- Be conscious that your child is in the Mini Bar for the same hour that you are in class. Your child will be accepted into the room only 5-10 minutes before class starts.
- Check your child in first, then head to the front desk to check yourself in so we know you’re here.
- Please only water in the Mini Bar. No food.
- Staff cannot change diapers. If your child needs help going to the bathroom, we will come get you.
- For your child’s comfort and ours, we have a 10 minute crying policy. We hope your BarBaby loves the Mini Bar, but if s/he doesn’t, Mommy to the rescue.
- When you’re ready to leave, pick up your child and use the Mini Bar exit.
**To avoid any penalties, be aware that there is a 2 hour cancellation window to cancel a child care session. Also, if you have more than one child to sign up, call the studio.**
Free Parking throughout Closter Plaza.
Barfly members are allotted a membership freeze at anytime with a minimum of one (1) week and a maximum of four (4) weeks. If a freeze request has exceeded the four (4) weeks an additional $25 will be charged for up to two weeks.
Class package sessions must be used within 6 months of purchase.
- All sales are final.