About the studio
The Bar Method Fairfield is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
Voted CT's Best Barre Studio, The Bar Method Fairfield is a warm, welcoming fitness studio that caters to people of all fitness levels, ages and abilities. Its variety of classes, expert instructors and full weekly schedule coupled with top-notch customer care and friendly staff are truly what sets it apart from other boutique barre studios.
Services & Amenities
- Free Parking
- Waiting Area
Which package works best for you?
Club Bar Unlimited
- Look and feel your best with unlimited monthly classes
- Enjoy the most perks and build your barre community
- First month only $145*
Club Bar 10
- Consistent access so you can always get your barre fix
- Balance your schedule with variety
- Transform your mind, body and spirit
- Perfect for those who need the utmost flexibility
- Attend classes as your schedule permits
- Pay as you go pricing
About the owners
Bridget McBride began teaching in 2008 in Hermosa Beach, CA, and, after six years her passion for The Bar Method led her back home to open the studio in Fairfield with her sister. Bridget doesn‘t believe in doing anything halfway, which shines through in every class she teaches. She likes her music pumped, the choreography high-level and the exercises as hard as they come. Her secret weapon is devising playful yet challenging themes to create a buzz in the room, and you might just be asked to sing into the mic or high-five the person next to you.
Caitlin Giambalvo was introduced to The Bar Method when visiting Bridget in CA and thought "how does anyone ever get through thigh work!?" She started using Bar Method DVDs at home in CT and quickly became addicted. Fast forward a few years and Caitlin was eagerly quitting her corporate job to open the studio with her sister. Caitlin is super dedicated to the Bar Method technique, and her class choreography is always thoughtful, purposeful, and challenging. Her precision while correcting form is so on-point that you know you‘re doing it right, and you’ll feel it the next day! Caitlin wants you leave class feeling better than when you came in, both physically and mentally.
- Please register in advance online or via The Bar Method app, or call ahead for walk-in availability. Reservations be made up to 7 days in advance.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone who may be waiting.
- If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please sign up for text message notifications to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
- Livestream class capacity has no limit.
- If you cannot attend an in-studio class, please cancel online or via The Bar Method app. In-studio Peak classes require cancellation 8 hours in advance to avoid a penalty. All other in-studio classes require cancellation 2 hours in advance.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $25.
- There will be no late cancel/no-show fees for missed Livestream classes.
- Students will not be permitted entry more than 10 minutes after the start of class.
- First time students must arrive 10 minutes early to ensure that their liability waiver is signed and that they discuss any concerns with the instructor.
- Masks are required at this time.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts).
- Please wear socks that cover the entire foot (Toe Sox not permitted). Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Only clear beverages are allowed in the studio room. Any colored beverages such as sports drinks, tea, coffee, etc must be left outside to protect our carpet from stains!
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- Please refrain from wearing strong perfume to class.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- It is strongly encouraged that all pregnant clients take at least one Bar Method class before taking Advanced or Express. We also recommend that pregnant clients avoid Bar Move and Bar Move Express classes.
- Pregnant students can opt to take the first half of the class (which focuses on the arms and legs) for half price.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 14 years of age.
- Masks are required at this time.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you are not feeling well, or have been exposed to people that are sick, we ask that you do not attend class.
We have plenty of free parking in the parking lot.
- Club Bar Unlimited and Club Bar Livestream members may freeze their membership for a minimum of 15 days and up to 60 days. A fee of a dollar a day is required each time you freeze your membership. 3 freezes are permitted per year. You may inquire about a freeze at the front desk or email us at [email protected]
- If you’d like to freeze your Club Bar 10 membership, please contact the studio manager at [email protected]
Single classes must be used within 1 month of purchase, 10 packs within 3 months of activation, and 20 packs within 6 months of activation.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- Retail may be returned unworn and undamaged, with tags still attached.
- We require a minimum 3 payments and 30 days notice (via email to [email protected] to cancel both Club Bar Unlimited and Club Bar 10 memberships. For Club Bar Unlimited, clients are required to fulfill a 3 month minimum contract requirement, in addition to 30 days notice to cancel. We will pro-rate your final 30 days if your next scheduled payment is less than 30 days from your cancellation request.
- For Club Bar 10, clients are required to fulfill a 3 payment (3 10-packs) minimum contract requirement, in addition to 30 days notice to cancel. If your next scheduled payment is more than 30 days from your cancellation request, you will not be charged any further amount. If less than 30 days, you will be charged for an additional 10 pack, after which your contract will be terminated.
- Club Bar Livestream is only a 1 month commitment, with the same 30 days notice required to cancel.
- Masks are required at this time.
- Clients may bring their own weights and ball to class.
- We will have all props available for use if you do not wish to bring your own.
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well, or if you have been exposed to someone else who is sick.
- Please wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before and after class
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the studio.
- Our staff and a professional cleaning service cleans frequently and thoroughly.