About the studio
The Bar Method Hermosa Beach is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
Our studio has been serving the South Bay for over 13 years. We’re located downtown in one of the oldest buildings still standing in Hermosa Beach, the historic Bijou Theatre. Our large studio room evokes the feeling of a New York City loft with 12 foot high ceilings, over-sized windows and exposed brick walls. There is a parking structure located right next to the studio behind Starbucks.
Services & Amenities
- Traveling Program
- Waiting Area
Which package works best for you?
Club Bar Unlimited
- Look and feel your best with unlimited monthly classes
- Enjoy the most perks and build your barre community
- First month only $*
Club Bar 5
- Consistent access so you can always get your barre fix
- Balance your schedule with variety
- Transform your mind, body and spirit
- Perfect for those who need the utmost flexibility
- Attend classes as your schedule permits
- Pay as you go pricing
About the owners
Master Instructor Miliana Katic discovered The Bar Method shortly after her wedding and began taking classes in West LA. She fell in love with the workout and moved quickly into training and opening the Hermosa Beach studio. Twelve years later, she has two daughters who know all about tucking and shaking, and she wouldn't change a thing! Teaching and sharing her passion with this beach community has been the best experience of her life and her clients have become dear friends.
Denae West's journey with The Bar Method began in 2011, when she took her very first class at the flagship San Francisco Marina studio. She immediately became a regular client and, in 2014, started her Bar Method instructor career working under our founder, Burr Leonard. With plans to open her own studio, she left the Bay Area and relocated to Southern California in 2017. Denae is so honored that Burr has allowed her to share her knowledge and passion for this workout with others. She is thrilled to be a part of the Hermosa Beach community and as a Bar Method Master Instructor, continue changing the lives and bodies of her clients who inspire her daily.
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. Please reply to the notification immediately whether you can attend or not. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until you confirm.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please call the studio before class or sign up for text message notifications to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio to avoid being charged for a no-show. Early morning classes (6:00, 6:30, and 7:15 AM) require cancellation 12 hours in advance to avoid a penalty. All classes that begin after 7 AM require cancellation 1 hour in advance.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $10.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studio. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- We recommend that pregnant clients avoid Level 2 and Bar Move classes.
- Pregnant students can opt to take the first half of the class (which focuses on the arms and legs) for half price.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
We do not have dedicated parking for the studio. There are a few meters located on Hermosa Avenue right outside the studio as well as a parking garage next door to the studio behind Starbucks. There is also 1 hour parking located all throughout Hermosa Beach.
Class package sessions must be used within 12 months of purchase.
- All sales on Bar Method classes and gift cards are final.
- Retail items may be returned for store credit within 7 days of purchase, unworn, with tags still on. All sale items are final.
- Club Bar auto renewing memberships must be cancelled (via email, telephone, or in person) 30 days in advance of next renewal date. If membership is not cancelled 30 days in advance of next renewal date, membership fees will be charged for that month.
- When using a promotional code for Club Bar membership, cancelling membership will result in loss of promotional price.
- Membership cannot be transferred.
- Club Bar members are allowed to freeze their memberships twice per year for up to 30 days. A fee of $25 is required each time membership is frozen.
- Membership may not be cancelled while account is frozen. Any cancellation while account is frozen will be considered as of 30 days from return date.