Exclusive Offer 50% Off One Month Of Unlimited Classes
Tis' the season to be bar and bright!
If you think you know barre, trust us—it only gets better with our all-out, challenging, and versatile workout that will get you the results you crave, faster. Kick off your introduction to The Bar Method with one of our holiday specials and start your transformation today!
About the studio
The Bar Method Hermosa Beach is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
Our studio has been serving the South Bay for over 14 years. We’re located downtown in one of the oldest buildings still standing in Hermosa Beach, the historic Bijou Theatre. Our large studio room evokes the feeling of a New York City loft with 12 foot high ceilings, over-sized windows and exposed brick walls. There is a parking structure located right next to the studio behind Starbucks.
- Traveling Program
- Waiting Area
Which package works best for you?
Club Bar Unlimited
- Look and feel your best with unlimited monthly classes
- Enjoy the most perks and build your barre community
- First month only $*
Club Bar 5
- Consistent access so you can always get your barre fix
- Balance your schedule with variety
- Transform your mind, body and spirit
- Perfect for those who need the utmost flexibility
- Attend classes as your schedule permits
- Pay as you go pricing
About the owners
Master Instructor Miliana Katic discovered The Bar Method shortly after her wedding and began taking classes in Los Angeles. She fell in love with the workout and moved quickly into training and opening the Hermosa Beach studio. Fourteen years later, she has two daughters who know all about tucking and shaking, and she wouldn't change a thing! Teaching and sharing her passion with this beach community has been the best experience of her life and her clients have become dear friends.
Denae West's journey with The Bar Method began in 2011, when she took her very first class at the flagship San Francisco Marina studio. She immediately became a regular client and, in 2014, started her Bar Method instructor career working under our founder, Burr Leonard. With plans to open her own studio, she left the Bay Area and relocated to Southern California in 2017. Denae is so honored that Burr has allowed her to share her knowledge and passion for this workout with others. She is thrilled to be a part of the Hermosa Beach community and as a Bar Method Master Instructor, continue changing the lives and bodies of her clients who inspire her daily.
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 14 days in advance.
- All clients are allowed to take one class per day and sign up for one class per day. If you sign up for more than one class on a given day, you will be removed from the second class without notice.
- You can sign up for class up to 15 minutes before it starts.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification.
- You can be pushed into class (via email and/or text) up to one hour before class starts.
- If you get into class from the waitlist, you must show up or cancel within our policies.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check in at the front desk. If you have any new health/injury updates, please share them with our staff so that we can ensure you have the safest and best experience possible.
- You must cancel at least one hour before class starts to avoid a late fee.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class.
- If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged a $19 no-show fee or a $9 cancellation fee.
- You may cancel online only. We cannot accept email, text, or phone cancellations.
- Class cancellation and no-show policies are subject to change.
- First-time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, you must lift your knees 30 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Socks must be on prior to entering the exercise studio and must stay covering the entire foot throughout class.
- Toe socks are NOT permitted.
- Be mindful of the energy you bring, the words you speak, and the impact you have.
- Please wash your hands before entering the exercise room.
- Socks that cover your entire foot must be worn before entering the exercise room.
- Capped water bottles are the only drinks allowed inside the exercise room. Only water (clear liquid) is allowed. No glass, no uncapped drinks, and no liquids other than water are permitted.
- No cell phones or gum in class.
- We ask that you do not save a spot at the bar. Instead, try out a new spot each time!
- Should you need to leave class early, you must do so before back-dancing ends and final stretch begins.
- This is a group fitness class. We kindly ask that you follow along with the instructor and the rest of class at all times. If you need to modify for any reason, please ask your instructor for assistance.
- Our instructors are highly trained to ensure you are in the safest, most effective form during class to change your body. Please be receptive to the instructor’s use of your name, active coaching, and hands-on adjustments throughout the entire class. It will help to keep you mentally focused and your muscles engaged.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- The Bar Method is a wonderful and safe workout for women throughout their entire pregnancy! Please speak to the front desk so they can make a note of your due date in your profile, and please inform your instructor that you are pregnant before the start of class.
- Modifications are required at 20+ weeks. We have a number of modifications designed by our physical therapy consultants that allow the exercises to be performed safely and comfortably throughout your pregnancy. Our instructors will always take the time to go over these modifications with you.
- No one under the age of 13 is permitted at The Bar Method Hermosa Beach. This includes taking class and sitting in the waiting area. Although we love your little ones, we cannot allow you to bring your children to the studio.
- Children at the age of 13 may attend class, but must have a signed parental waiver.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
- Our instructors are expertly trained to provide modifications for almost all situations, physical limitations, and injuries. Just ask!
We do not have dedicated parking for the studio. There are meters located on Hermosa Avenue right outside the studio as well as a parking garage next door to the studio behind Starbucks. There is also 1 hour parking located all throughout Hermosa Beach.
Class package sessions must be used within 12 months of purchase. No extensions. Promotional value expires, but cash value never expires. Class packages are non-transferable and cannot be shared.
- All sales on Bar Method classes and gift cards are final.
- Retail items may be returned within 24 hours of purchase, unworn, with tags still on. All sale items are final.
- Club Bar auto-renewing memberships must be cancelled by emailing [email protected] at least 7 days in advance of the next renewal date. If membership is not cancelled 7 days in advance of the next renewal date, membership fees will be charged for that month.
- When using a promotional code for Club Bar membership, cancelling membership will result in a loss of promotional price.
- No freezes.
- Membership cannot be transferred.
- No-show fees are $19 and late cancel fees are $9.