Highland Park, IL 60035
About the STUDIO
The Bar Method Highland Park is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
We are located in Port Clinton Square, in Downtown Highland Park. Our studio has a full locker room, showers, and towel service for your convenience. Port Clinton Square offers free indoor parking with direct access to our building on the lower level. We offer over 25 classes a week in an effort to create a schedule that works for you!
Services & Amenities
- Free Parking
- Waiting Area
Sign Up Today
About the Owners
Danna Kriser fell in love with The Bar Method the first time she took class. There was something so unique about it, that she was hooked from the start. After 3 kids, she never thought she could see such changes in her body. She felt challenged both mentally and physically. She stood taller, and leaner. Not only does The Bar Method improve alignment and strengthen muscles—it also improves confidence and opens you up to a community of strong and independent people. Danna loves sharing her passion with new and old students alike!
Sara Gordon discovered The Bar Method in 2008, two days after the studio opened in Highland Park. Sara fell in love with how the seamless choreography of simple movements transform your body into one that radiates strength, grace and confidence. Five years later, Sara traded her law practice for co-ownership. The greatest gift of owning a Bar Method studio is the client community; their intensity, beauty and friendship humble her each day.
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. Please reply to the notification immediately whether you can attend or not. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until you confirm.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please call the studio before class or sign up for text message notifications to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio to avoid being charged for a no-show. All classes require cancellation 1 hour in advance.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $10.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Towels are available outside of the studio. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- It is strongly encouraged that all pregnant clients take at least one pre-natal class before taking a standard class. We also recommend that pregnant clients avoid Level 2 and Bar Move classes.
- Pregnant students can opt to take the first half of the class (which focuses on the arms and legs) for half price.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.