Exclusive Offer 50% Off One Month Of Unlimited Classes
About the studio
The Bar Method Huntington Village is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The studio features an inviting lobby, retail area, childcare, and locker room equipped with a shower. There is parking in front of the studio, on adjacent streets and in nearby public lots.
Follow us on Instagram @barmethodhuntingtonvillage
Services & Amenities
- Beauty Bar
- Free Parking
- Traveling Program
About the owners
Kelly Donovan is a Certified Bar Method Instructor and was a long-time client prior to undergoing her extensive certification program last year. In addition to her work at Bar Method, she currently serves on the Huntington School Board as Board Trustee. She grew up in Northport and she and her husband, Dave, have been Huntington residents for nearly a decade. An active and engaged parent to her two daughters, Kelly has always played a significant role in the school PTA and other community organizations. She looks forward to bringing her passion of Bar Method to Huntington and collaborating with her business partners on reopening the studio that they all love so much.
Lauren Towson Nilsson discovered The Bar Method in 2018 after the birth of her first child and instantly fell in love with the workout, the studio space and The Bar Method community. As a working mom and full-time marketing director in the media industry, taking time for class always felt like an invaluable break from the hectic schedule of balancing personal and professional life. It's because of that balance that Lauren remains committed to bringing "the best hour of your day" to everyone in the Huntington Village area through the Bar Method workout.
Andreas Nilsson was a bit out of his element when he signed up for his first Bar Method class several years ago. He found the class challenging, was impressed by the workout and quickly realized his flexibility needed some significant improvement. Today, not only has he improved his flexibility but also his core strength, which has notably improved his overall health and even his golf game. As a partner in the studio, his main goal is to introduce the workout to a broader range of students.
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. Please reply to the notification immediately whether you can attend or not. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until you confirm.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please check your status before class or sign up for text message notifications to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online or on The Bar Method app, to avoid being charged for a no-show. Cancellations made via email or voicemail may not be picked up in time. Early morning classes (before 9:00 am), and all weekend classes require cancellation 12 hours in advance to avoid a penalty. Weekday classes that begin after 9:00 AM require cancellation 4 hours in advance.
- There is a $10 charge for a late cancellation, and $20 for a no show.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Students may bring their own socks, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Only water in a capped bottle is allowed in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels are available outside of the Main Studio, and bath towels are available in the shower area. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- It is strongly encouraged that all pregnant clients speak to their instructor to review appropriate modifications before taking a standard class.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
- Childcare is available during select class times for children ages 6 months through 8 years. The childcare room can accommodate a total of 4 children, with a maximum of one infant.
- You can make reservations for childcare online or through the app up to 7 days in advance.
- Childcare is available during select class times. Please check the schedule.
- Only water in capped bottles, and bottles for infants are allowed in the room. No other drinks or food is permitted.
- At no time should children be left unattended in the studio. Children are not allowed to play or climb on the stall bars and other exercise equipment.
- Childcare is provided so you can truly commit to yourself during class. If your child is not toilet trained and you would like the childcare assistant to change them, please leave a diaper bag.
- Every attempt will be made to console upset children, if your child cannot be calmed, you will be pulled from the class.
- If your child is sick, please do not bring them to the studio.
- Please cancel your reservation at least 2 hours prior to class time to stay in the early cancellation window. Late Cancel/No Show will forfeit the session.
FREE parking is available in front of our building. Additional FREE parking is available on Stewart Avenue, along 110 (NY Ave), behind Toast restaurant, and in the municipal lot behind 30 Stewart Avenue (parking lot accessible from turning East on Gerard Street and driving behind 30 Stewart Avenue). Walk next door to our building!
Club Bar Unlimited members may freeze their memberships once per year for 15 to 30 days. Additional freezes cost $40.
Single classes expire in 30 days.
10 class packs are good for 3 months.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- Retail items may be returned within 24 hours of purchase, unworn, with tags still on.