Exclusive Offer 50% Off One Month Of Unlimited Classes
2 Weeks Unlimited Barre Classes for $49
If you think you know barre, trust us—it only gets better with our all-out, challenging and versatile workout that will get you the results you crave, faster.
About the studio
The Bar Method Marina Del Rey is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The Bar Method Marina del Rey offers a spacious studio and locker area featuring high, exposed ceilings and natural light. We are currently open 5 days a week with classes throughout the day. A large towel from home is REQUIRED for class at this time. Free parking is available in the garage downstairs.
- Free Parking
- Traveling Program
- Waiting Area
Which package works best for you?
Club Bar Unlimited
- Look and feel your best with unlimited monthly classes
- Enjoy the most perks and build your barre community
- First month only $99*
- Perfect for those who need the utmost flexibility
- Attend classes as your schedule permits
- Pay as you go pricing
About the owner
Makenzie fell in love with The Bar Method back in 2013 and had been an avid client at the Hermosa Beach studio ever since. Although she grew up in Orange County, she began her career in the Los Angeles entertainment industry doing Public Relations and Marketing for companies such as FIJI Water and ID Public Relations. After five years in the corporate world, it became clear to Makenzie that her passion truly lies with health and fitness and that she wanted to pursue a longtime career with The Bar Method. She became a certified instructor in 2018 and has owned the Marina del Rey studio since 2019.
- Walk-ins are welcome but we highly recommend reserving classes on The Bar Method app ahead of time in order to guarantee your spot in class.
- We have a Minimum Client Policy. If there are no more than 3 clients signed up for class three hours prior to the start, the class will be cancelled and you will be notified via email or text notification. This is another reason we recommend reserving your spot in class if you intend to come.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. Please reply to the notification immediately whether you can attend or not. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until you confirm.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please call the studio before class to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your reservation on The Bar Method app, or call the studio to avoid being charged for a no-show.
- All classes require cancellation 4 hours in advance to avoid a penalty.
- Late cancelling and no-shows will result in a penalty fee of $15.
- Existing clients can join class up to 10 minutes after the start.
- New clients must arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the start of class and will not be allowed to enter class after it has begun.
- Masks are optional.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot. No open-toe socks!
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers with keys and cubbies are provided so we ask that you leave your personal belongings in the lobby.
- For your safety, we ask that you please avoid chewing gum in the exercise studio.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients are recommended to provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- We also recommend that pregnant clients avoid Advanced and Bar Move classes.
- Pregnant students can opt to take the first half of the class (which focuses on the arms and legs) for half price.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- If you have has tested positive for COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms, please stay home. Please consider the health and well-being of your fellow classmates just as you would want them to do for you.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious, we ask that you do not attend class.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
We do not offer child care and do not allow children to sit in the lobby during class.
Free parking is available in the parking garage downstairs (space is limited). There are also parking meters located on the surrounding streets.
Club Bar members are allowed to freeze their membership twice per year for up to 30 days each. A fee of $25 is required each time you freeze your membership beyond those two times.
Class package sessions must be used within 12 months of purchase.
- All sales on Bar Method classes and memberships are final.
- Purchases of retail items are also final.