About the studio
The Bar Method Pasadena is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The studio is located in the Mills shopping alley between Delacey Ave and Fair Oaks Ave. Our loft-style second floor location is in a charming historic building adjacent to the Edwin Mills restaurant. We are across from the Burke Williams Spa and directly above Whimsy Pasadena. Parking is located a half block in either direction at the Delacey and Schoolhouse parking structures.
Services & Amenities
- Free Parking
- Discounted Parking
- At this time due to class sizes being limited we require reserving classes online or through The Bar Method app up to TWO hours before the start time of class in order to attend in person In Studio classes. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 7 days in advance. There will be no late entry more than 5-minutes to class at this time because of health screening protocols.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive an email notification. Please reply to the notification immediately whether you can attend or not. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until you confirm.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please call the studio before class to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio two hours or more before the start of your class.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or late cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are on an unlimited monthly package, a day may be taken away from your monthly. In addition, due to our current limited capacity an automatic $10 no show fee will be applied to any In Studio class no-show or late cancellation.
- Due to health and safety protocols and new screening procedures, you can arrive no later than 5 minutes after the start of class. Please plan to arrive to the studio only 15 min before class, but in a timely fashion to the start of class.
- Due to new health and safety protocols and Pasadena’s mask mandate, face masks are required to be worn at all times in the studio, including while taking class. We have disposable masks, as well as cloth options for purchase.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that covers the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot (no toeless socks).
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please be sure to bring and wear your face mask at all times in the studio, including while taking class. If you forget them, disposable masks and gloves will be available.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- Disruptive students or students not following our new health and safety protocols may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- It is strongly encouraged that all pregnant clients inform their teacher of their pregnancy prior to class and go over the necessary pregnancy modifications. We also recommend that pregnant clients avoid Level 2 and Bar Move classes.
- Pregnant students can opt to take the first half of the class (which focuses on the arms and legs) for half price. Please see the front desk if you are interested in this arrangement.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- There is no childcare available at our studio at this time. Please do not leave your minor children unattended in the reception area.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
- Due to new health and safety protocols, client’s temperatures will be checked at the door of the studio and those with temperatures above 100.4 degrees will not be allowed admittance to the studio.
We do not offer childcare at this time. Please do not leave your minor children unattended in the reception area. We are not responsible for children left unattended in the reception area.
Free 90 minute parking is available at the Delacey Ave. and SchoolHouse (Fair Oaks Ave) parking garages located half a block in either direction of the studio. Meters on Green St. and Colorado Blvd. are free until 11am. There are various other paid parking and valet parking options around the studio.
There are no freezes or holds available on unlimited memberships during the normal course of membership. If you move, become ill for an extended period of time (one month or more) or are traveling for an extended period of time (one month or more) during your membership, please let the front desk know or email [email protected] and we will provide you with some options to adjust your membership to deal with these extenuating circumstances.
Class package sessions must be used within 6 months of purchase unless otherwise specified on the package.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- Retail items are final sale.