Exclusive Offer 50% Off One Month Of Unlimited Classes
The Bar Method Wellesley
Wellesley, MA 02482
[email protected] 781-772-2110
About the studio
The Bar Method Wellesley is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
We strive to provide effective, fun and challenging classes, while serving a diverse community of motivating, and inspiring students of all ages and abilities. Our studio is located in a loft-like second floor space with entrances on Central and Church Street. Metered parking and municipal lots are conveniently located right outside or just a short walk from the studio.
- Beauty Bar
- Waiting Area
Which package works best for you?
Club Bar Unlimited
- Look and feel your best with unlimited monthly classes
- Enjoy the most perks and build your barre community
- First month only $99*
Club Bar 5
- Consistent access so you can always get your barre fix
- Balance your schedule with variety
- Transform your mind, body and spirit
- Perfect for those who need the utmost flexibility
- Attend classes as your schedule permits
- Pay as you go pricing
About the owners
Courtney Sawicki, one of the original instructors of The Bar Method Wellesley studio when it opened in 2014, has always been a fitness enthusiast. She discovered TBM in San Francisco in 2008 and loved its focus on small, targeted movements, safety, and form. TBM was the most effective in transforming her body and toning her trouble areas. Courtney has been a French teacher for more than two decades. It was a natural transition for her to oversee the instructor training that has successfully resulted in more than 10 new teachers. Courtney grew up in Wellesley, where she and her husband Eric reside with their two sons.
Hailing from South Carolina by way of New Hampshire, New York and New Jersey, Neely Dodge began her love of The Bar Method in Summit, NJ. TBM was the exercise that she was cleared to participate in after baby #3 was born. In just 10 classes, her body had changed! Neely was overjoyed to join the Wellesley studio as a client in 2013. An instructor since 2015, Neely has handled the retail management for the studio since 2018, contributing to its’ success and growth. Equal parts warm Zen master and inner geek, she has a background in IT and corporate. She and her barre-practicing hubby Jeff are active parents of three children in Newton.
Rachel Stoff introduced aerobics classes to her college campus, is trained in American Ninjutsu, taught kickboxing, spinning and mat Pilates for a decade on the side of a marketing career in entertainment and non profits. As a client of The Bar Method West Hollywood, her meticulousness in spirit and routine was invigorated by the challenging practice demanding the same level of detail and focus. After 20 years in LA, she returned east, where she became a client, marketing consultant and instructor at The Bar Method Wellesley. (Bonus: reunited with childhood pal Courtney).
No Bar Method Locations In Your Area?Learn more about the opportunity to own your own Bar Method studio.
Get to know us betterGet technique tips, success stories, inspiration and more.
- Please reserve classes online or in The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class.
- Book your childcare in advance of your scheduled class.
- Walk-ins are welcome, but if there is a waitlist, the students on the list will be pushed into class first.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio.
- For in-studio classes, there is a 2-hour cancellation policy. If you do not cancel your in-studio class reservation 2 hours prior to class start time, you will be automatically charged a $10 fee.
- Livestream classes: you may cancel at any time without penalty.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 20 times to warm up before joining in.
- Towels are required. Please bring a full-sized bath towel to cover the mats. Towels are available for rent or purchase.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that covers the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot including all toes.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Towels are required. Please bring a full-sized towel to cover the mats. Towels are available for rent or purchase.
- Please bring a covered bottle into the studio, no glass or uncapped drinks are permitted in the exercise studios.
- Please mute all cell phones in the exercise studio.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- Pregnant students can opt to take the first half of the class (which focuses on the arms and legs) for half price.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- Childcare must be booked in advance of class.
- You can make reservations for childcare either by the app, online, phone, or in person.
- Childcare costs $10 per child for a drop-in or 10 classes for $75.
- Childcare is currently available during class times on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
We do not have dedicated parking for the studio. There are meters along both Central and Church streets. The meters take coins and pay-by-app. There are two parking lots at the rear entrance of the building off of Church Street. On Saturdays, the parking lot at the corner of Abbott Street and Church Street is free.
Club Bar Unlimited members are allowed to freeze their memberships for up to 10 days for a $15 fee.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final. There are no refunds on classes.
- Retail items may be returned within 7 days of purchase, unworn, with tags still on.