About the studio
The Bar Method Houston - Montrose is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The Bar Method Houston - Montrose is located inside the loop and features two workout rooms, showers and lockers. We are open 7 days a week with multiple classes a day. Plenty of parking out front for morning and mid-day classes, and street parking around the building is available evenings and weekends.
Services & Amenities
- Free Parking
- Waiting Area
Which package works best for you?
Club Bar Unlimited
- Look and feel your best with unlimited monthly classes
- Enjoy the most perks and build your barre community
- First month only $99*
Club Bar 8
- Consistent access so you can always get your barre fix
- Balance your schedule with variety
- Transform your mind, body and spirit
- Perfect for those who need the utmost flexibility
- Attend classes as your schedule permits
- Pay as you go pricing
About the owners
Claudia Conner, a native Houstonian, found The Bar Method in 2013. She quickly fell in love with its attention to detail, focus on form, and the knowledgeable instructors. After attending instructor training, her enthusiasm for The Bar Method grew and she soon became the studio manager of the Houston-Montrose location. After almost six years, the previous owner connected her with fellow instructor Kendall, and Claudia was able to set her dream of jointly owning a studio in motion. Now, she is incredibly grateful for the opportunity to share her passion for The Bar Method and its wonderful community. She hopes to spread the empowerment and courage they gave her to make her dream a reality!
Kendall Ried found The Bar Method in 2014 shortly after moving to Houston. She was looking for a place to not only get a great workout, but also a place where she could be a part of a community. After several years of working in the corporate world and instructing at The Bar Method on the side, it was a dream come true to partner with Claudia and take on joint ownership of the Houston-Montrose location together!
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification. Please reply to the notification immediately whether you can attend or not. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until you confirm.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please call the studio before class or sign up for text message notifications to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio to avoid being charged for a no-show. Early morning classes (6:00, 6:30, and 7:00 AM) require cancellation 4 hours in advance to avoid a penalty.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $5.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 15 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to, but not after, 10 minutes into mixed and move classes, 5 minutes for the express classes.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that covers the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels are available outside of Studio A, and bath towels are available in the shower area. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- New clients that are twenty weeks pregnant or more will be required to arrive 30 minutes before the start of class to go over the necessary modifications. Please call with advanced notice so we can alert the instructor of your early arrival. Learning a new class and all the modifications is alot for a new student and an instructor. Please understand we do this for your safety.
- New clients that are less than twenty weeks please let the team at the front desk know how far along you are so we can guide you through the safety options.
- Pregnant clients should provide the front desk with note from their doctor clearing them to take strength and stretching classes.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
We have a dedicated parking lot in front of the building and plenty of street parking. In the evenings the parking lot is split with another business so parking on the street is recommended.
Club Bar members are allowed to freeze their memberships 3 times per year for up to 30 days. The first freeze is complementary then a fee of $25 is required each freeze after that.
Class package sessions must be used by the expiration date. This date will be emailed to you via the receipt.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- Retail items may be returned within 24 hours of purchase, unworn, with tags still on.