Exclusive Offer 50% Off One Month Of Unlimited Classes
About Our Houston - Montrose Barre Studio
The Bar Method Houston - Montrose is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the barre exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The Bar Method Houston - Montrose is located inside the loop and features two workout rooms, showers and lockers. We are open 7 days a week with multiple classes a day. Plenty of parking out front for morning and mid-day classes, and street parking around the building is available evenings and weekends.
- Free Parking
- Waiting Area
Which package works best for you?
Club Bar Unlimited
- Look and feel your best with unlimited monthly classes
- Enjoy the most perks and build your barre community
- First month only $99*
Club Bar 8
- Consistent access so you can always get your barre fix
- Balance your schedule with variety
- Transform your mind, body and spirit
- Perfect for those who need the utmost flexibility
- Attend classes as your schedule permits
- Pay as you go pricing
About the owners
Claudia Conner, a native Houstonian, found The Bar Method in 2013. She quickly fell in love with its attention to detail, focus on form, and the knowledgeable instructors. After attending instructor training, her enthusiasm for The Bar Method grew and she soon became the studio manager of the Houston-Montrose location. After almost six years, the previous owner connected her with fellow instructor Kendall, and Claudia was able to set her dream of jointly owning a studio in motion. Now, she is incredibly grateful for the opportunity to share her passion for The Bar Method and its wonderful community. She hopes to spread the empowerment and courage they gave her to make her dream a reality!
Kendall Ried found The Bar Method in 2014 shortly after moving to Houston. She was looking for a place to not only get a great workout, but also a place where she could be a part of a community. After several years of working in the corporate world and instructing at The Bar Method on the side, it was a dream come true to partner with Claudia and take on joint ownership of the Houston-Montrose location together!
- While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and can be sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online or The Bar Method app in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification.
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
- If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please call the studio before class or sign up for text message notifications to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online, on The Bar Method app, or call the studio to avoid being charged for a no-show. All classes require cancellation 4 hours in advance to avoid a penalty.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $10 for a late cancel and $20 for a no-show.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 15 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter up to 10 minutes late.
- Upon entering class, follow the instructor’s guidance in order to properly warm-up before joining in.
- Please wear socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home or purchase Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings.
- We provide towels without charge.
- Pregnant clients please let the team at the front desk know how far along you are so we can guide you through the modifications if you want to use them.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult for their first visit.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise so that we can provide any necessary modifications.
- If you have a cold or anything else that may be contagious we ask that you do not attend class.
We have a dedicated parking lot in front of the building and plenty of street parking.
- Class package sessions must be used by the expiration date. This date will be emailed to you via the receipt.
- All sales on Bar Method classes and retail are final.