Exclusive Offer 50% Off One Month Of Unlimited Classes
About Our Portland - Pearl District Barre Studio
The Bar Method Portland - Pearl District is a boutique fitness studio offering barre classes for students of all levels. The signature method uses your own body weight, the ballet barre and a few props to create a transformative workout that results in long, lean sculpted muscles. Not only does it reshape your entire body, but it allows you to channel your inner strength and leave class feeling strong, confident and poised. Highly-trained instructors customize the barre exercises to ensure they are safe and effective for any age and every body, including modifications for pregnant women and students with injuries. Our staff and community are here to support you from the moment you walk through the door.
The Bar Method Portland was the first to open in Oregon. We are located in the heart of the Pearl District and feature two barre workout studios, a spa-like lounge, and an inviting lobby. We are open 7 days a week with a variety of barre classes throughout the day. Childcare is available during select times. The studio is close to many transit options and ample street metered parking is available.
Expertly guided classes from home. Bar Online is one of your many Club Bar Unlimited membership perks! Enjoy your favorite barre classes from the comfort of your living room with best-in-class instructors and first-class results.
- Traveling Program
Which package works best for you?
Club Bar Unlimited
- Look and feel your best with unlimited monthly classes
- Enjoy the most perks and build your barre community
- First month only $175*
Club Bar 8
- Consistent access so you can always get your barre fix
- Balance your schedule with variety
- Transform your mind, body and spirit
- Perfect for those who need the utmost flexibility
- Attend classes as your schedule permits
- Pay as you go pricing
About the owner
Tashina Bailey is a Portland native and took her first Bar Method class in 2010. She loved the supportive, positive, and inspirational community vibe of the barre studio so much that she transitioned from a 10+ year career in HR. She holds a Masters in Business Administration. She is a Portland SCORE business mentor and coach. Tashina is proud to share her Bar Method passion as the owner and celebrates all who embark on The Bar Method journey!
- Masks are optional.
- A reservation is highly reccommended in advance. Class sizes are limited and can be sold out. Reserve classes online or use The Bar Method app to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive either an email or text notification.
- Being bumped off the waitlist into class means you are in the class and therefore responsible for cancelling your spot if your plans changed.
- If you get into class from the waitlist with more than 60 minutes prior to class start and do not show up or cancel your reservation, you will be charged.
- If you are moved off the waitlist less than 60 minutes before the start of class you will not be charged.
- If you get into class from the waitlist and are already scheduled for another class in the same day, you will need to cancel your reservation for your other class within the cancellation window; if you do not cancel, you will be charged for class.
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online or on The Bar Method app to avoid being charged for a no-show. Early morning classes (before 7am) and Sunday evening classes require cancellation 10 hours in advance to avoid a penalty. All other classes require cancellation 2 hours in advance.
- If you are using a limited class package, a no-show or cancellation after the above cutoff window results in a loss of that class. If you are using an unlimited package, your card on file will be charged $19 for a late cancellation or $22 for a no show; no exceptions.
- Switching Classes: If you would like to switch to a different time within 2 hours of your reservation, you may do so without incurring a fee under the following condition:
- Weekday Classes: If you would like to move to another class that same day and the class you are leaving is not full, you can switch with no penalty providing that you call and speak with someone at the studio prior to the start of class.
- Weekend Classes: Please note any class switching within the cancellation window is subject to a fee.
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 15 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Existing clients may enter class late as follows:
- 60 minute classes: 8 minute cutoff
- 45 minute classes: 5 minute cutoff
- Please note that your spot may be taken by another standby client if you are not at the studio when class begins.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees, a top that covers the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase Bar Method grippy socks at the studio.
- Socks must be on prior to entering the exercise studio and must stay covering the entire foot throughout class.
- Please do not bring uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed. Only clear water is allowed in the exercise studio.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Lockers are provided with keys and we ask that you leave your phone in a locker along with the rest of your belongings. If you are on call or have a pager you need for emergencies, you may leave it at the front desk and we will come get you out of class.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels are available in the hallway and bath towels are available in the shower area. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- Pregnant clients must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- We have adopted several modifications that allow exercises to be performed comfortably and safely throughout the pregnancy.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 14 years of age.
- Clients between 14-18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Clients with a heart condition, epilepsy, lupus, or severe sciatica, should consult their doctor prior to the first visit to ensure strengthening and stretching classes are the right fit.
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- If you have a cold, symptoms of COVID-19 or have been around anyone with symptoms of COVID-19, or have anything else that may be contagious please do not come to the studio.
- Reservations are required for Kids Club. Reservations may be made online, by phone, or at the studio.
- A Kids Club single pass is $7. Kids Club 10 pack is $60. Passes are available in studio and online.
- If a child cannot attend their reserved Kids Club session, cancel their reservation 2 hours prior to avoid being debited one Kids Club pass.
- Class capacity will be structured in accordance with Oregon law.
- A parent is required to be on premises the entire time a child is under our supervision.
- No person except for the parent may drop off or pick up a child.
- Children are required to wear socks on their feet at all times in the studio room. No shoes or bare feet allowed.
- No food or drink (except water) is allowed in the Kids Club room.
- If anyone in the household has experienced fever, vomiting, diarrhea or general sickness within 24 hours of the Kids Club session, a child will not be permitted to attend Kids Club.
- Infants should come to class fed and changed. Parents of children in need of diaper changes or bathroom breaks may be pulled out of class to facilitate to ensure all children remain supervised at all times
Club Bar members are allowed to freeze their memberships. Written requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org 7-days prior to the freeze start date. A fee of $1 per day is charged up front for the duration of the freeze. Freezes must be a minimum of 15 consecutive days.
Class package sessions must be used within 6 months of purchase, unless otherwise noted by the studio.
- All sales on Bar Method classes are final.
- Retail items are final sale.