Exclusive Offer 50% Off One Month Of Unlimited Classes
The 4 Best Barre Exercises to Sculpt for Summer
One of the most attractive things for a woman to wear is confidence. There’s nothing more confident than a strong, graceful woman living her best life all summer long! Barre class is one of the best workouts to sculpt your body for summer and these four Bar Method exercises are the best of the best! All of these exercises work multiple muscle groups in your body, as well as your core, resulting in a more efficient and full-body workout. You look your best when you feel your best, so remember that the next time you’re planning a day at the beach.
1. “U-shaped bent elbow lifts” to tone your back and shoulders
Taking time to train your back and shoulders will leave you looking taller and leaner. When your posture improves, so does the shape of your body. U-shaped bent elbow lifts sculpt your arms, shoulders, and back muscles in one fell swoop. This exercise also teaches you to work from your center and engage your core for more stability. You’ll feel the burn immediately and see the results quickly!
- Pick up a set of 2-4 lb weights
- Bend your elbows to 90 degrees and raise your arms to shoulder height
- Draw your weights out & down in an arching motion to behind your waist while maintaining the 90 degree bend in your arms
- Reverse the direction back to shoulder height
- Continue for 2-3 minutes
2. “Pretzel” to carve your waistline and glutes
Most of us fall into two categories: 1. We love our backside or 2. We hate our backside. If you fall into category two, it’s time to bring sexy back with our favorite booty lifter – pretzel! Pretzel is the triple threat! It carves your glutes, tones your hamstrings, and whittles your waist.
- Sit down and place one leg in front of you at a 90 degree angle and the other leg behind you at a 90 degree angle
- Place your supporting hand in line with your front knee
- Lean your torso away from the working side at a 45 degree angle
- Slide your back leg in line with your hip until it locks in place. Press your hips forward
- Using your glutes, lift your working leg off the floor
- Lift 20 times & press back 20 times using your glutes. Repeat 3 times
3. “Narrow V” thigh work to narrow your thighs
Narrow V thigh work is great for narrowing and elongating the look of your thighs. Not only that, but it spikes your heart rate and works your core muscles. You will experience a full-body burn that will make you want to ditch your cover-up next time you take a stroll down the beach.
- Press your heels together and open the balls of your feet 2-3 inches apart into a narrow v shape.
- Raise your heels about an inch off the floor, and bend your knees and come down to your lowest point.
- Relax your glutes and calves.
- Move down an inch, up an inch by bending your knees. Do 10 reps slow and 20 reps at pulse speed. Repeat 3 times
4. “Low curl” to define your six-pack abs
There’s no denying that your abdominals are often on display at the beach. The Bar Method incorporates several great abdominal exercises, however low curl is one of the most well-rounded targeting all four main abdominal muscles. You can either hold the position and breathe, or add little isometric curls for a deeper burn! Let go from the backs of your thighs for more of a challenge and you’ll aerobically burn away the fat calories!
- Come down onto your elbows (on a yoga mat or soft surface)
- Grip your glutes and anchor your low back down
- Hold onto the back of your thighs and bend your elbows to the side
- Lift both feet off the floor to a tabletop position
- Use your biceps to bend forward as much as you can
- Do 10 curls slow and 20 fast. Repeat 3 times